Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened, is the poor guy alive, where can we get the video, etc.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Fraga, we're getting a 404 error trying to get the attachement.

"Excuses/Opinions are like Buttholes, everybody's got one and they all STINK!!!"

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The guy riding in the 404 error looks fine to me. Especially since he is on a Honda :)

If you wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
what I want to know is how[and why] did he do that on the freeway? He could get ran over next, the trafic looks fairly heavy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Josh-- maybe, but look at the two wheel slide marks he left behind. odd.

Everyone take a look at the left guard rail. Imagine what would happen if he careened into that. He wouldn't just bounce off of it! Let's hope to God he went straight and the guy taking the picture didn't hit him either.

Snoochie Boochies!

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
That is not a pretty sight, I wonder how things turned out...

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
yeah first thing i noticed was the gaurdrail.. its too close for comfort. Ive almost went there once myself. Came up along side of it and luckily go thrown to the side. The bike and I only suffered cosmetic damage. Oh yeah, the picture, hey i didnt know you could get that kind of lean angle. /images/icons/frown.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

Heres high hopes.. lets hope hes alright. Whered you find that picture?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found it in sportbikes.dhs.org.
Nobody there knows what happened.
The guy that posted it never said anything else about it, and never answered the questions.
I don't know if the rider who was filming was able to avoid hitting that poor guy, but I doubt it...
I find it very strange that in a country like America, there still exists such a thing as guard rails.
We have them over here in Portugal too, but we are trying as hell to get rid of them, or at least extend the horizontal part to the ground, which would save many lives (and members!). Did you know that if you hit a guard rail at speeds over 30 mph, it can chop off a member?!? If you hit it with your back, you will be paralysed!
Why doesn't anybody prosecute the state? In a country where someone can prosecute MacDonnalds because she got burned when she spilled over herself a hot coffee (it was her fault, she spilled it, and coffees are supposed to be hot!). This would never happen in Europe. So why doesn't anyone do anything over there? It's their bloody fault! Guard rails were designed with cars in mind, not bikes/riders. Man, guard rails make me mad!
Over here (São Miguel, small island) last year a young rider lost control of his R6, while traveling at legal speeds, at least according to witnesses, and hit the guard rail. You know why he died? From extensive bleeding... the rail cut his neck... In the mainland, there has been cases of riders losing their heads... LITERALLY!
I'm going away, all this talk about rails is making me sick !!!

P.S. if anyone knows where to get the video, ar any other pictures regarding this accident, if avaiable at all, please post it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I understood from another forum, the guy actually made it and didnt crash!!!!!
Ba d news was the guy on the camera-bike tried not to hit m and went down !!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I find that very, very, very hard to believe...
I e-mailed the guy who posted that picture, asking him what happened. If he answers me, I'll post it.

The camera bike is an Aprilia RSV, the bike on the right is a gixxer. Anyone knows what is the make of the bike that is being abducted by aliens ?

Ruigie, good job finding that picture !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:

"Actually the guy made it.

The bike spat him off as you can see but he doggedly held on the bars which forced the bike with its gyroscopic forces upright and he was asphalt skating next to the bike Rothman style as he popped back on finaly one of the other riders was so distracted and interested in his survival and recover he lost ballance low sided. True irony"
Unquote

Dunno were the info came from.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ruigie, thanks for the info.
Glad to know the guy is even alive !
If you find anything else, please post it. I'll do the same.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Come on guys....you actually think he recovered from that tank slapper?????? he is HORIZONTAL TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!
unless he is batman, he is screwed...
(if, and if he did recover, i would pay for that tape)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts