Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[ QUOTE ]

But there was a big problem.

Backup center Cory Withrow was on the field, unaware of plans for the fake, and coaches and teammates had to yell for Moss to come off to avoid a penalty for too many men on the field.

``I didn't hear the call where I was standing,'' Withrow said quietly.

Frerotte took the snap, jumped up, looked left to where Moss would've been, and had nobody open. He was forced to throw the ball out of the end zone, and the Eagles took over on downs.

``It was there,'' Frerotte said. ``They didn't even know it was coming. We would've thrown a touchdown, it would've been 21-14 and we would have had all the momentum. It's just one of those things.''

Moss, who finished with three receptions for 51 yards, declined to comment after the game.

``It's very unfortunate,'' Tice said, ``because I thought it was set up very, very well.''

[/ QUOTE ]

I played ball with Cory back in the day. I was sitting there that day laughing my a$$ off thinking Moss screwed the pooch only to find out it was my buddy that may have cost them the game.

BTW I really dislike Randy Moss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.