Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn I love this R1 (silver) I got it today after what seemed like hell to go through. Misplaced my wallet and bank would not release cash to me for my bike. Which I can understand and am thankful, but dammit I need my money. So I called over to tifey andpromised her Sushi tomorrow for lunch so wifey drove down and used her ID and got me my money. (Mental note make sure when out riding to be able to meet her for lunch)

Went to dealership and guys were super cool, even hooked me up with the YES plan for nada. And to top it all off they through in a hat which I am pretty much stoked about.

First impressions, This bike garmers ALOT of attention. Man I had two couples, one in a S500 stop and almost hit the car in front of them so the wife could get a full on view of my bike. They talked to me and asked me how I liked it and I was all smiles. Second car was a Lexus and the owner said he owns a Gixxer but after seeing my R1 he may have to switch churches. I may have converted one to the Dark Side folks.

Initial Ride: Damn these pegs are high. Can't wait to feel the tightness after surgery. No buzz in the bars whatsoever. Only complaint which is going to be remedied is the pipe is WAY to quiet. And oh yeah this clutch is really light and you actually have to give it so revs to engage, unlike some other bikes not to be mentioned for fear of retaliation.

Only put in 15 miles but I love it and can't wait to put some more on it.

~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The most important thing is that you love it. Ride safe!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do I post pics??

~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Can I attach a file to my post?

If you have a browser that is Mozilla 4+ compatible then the answer is yes you can. When you preview your post you will have the opportunity to attach a file to your post

<hr></blockquote>

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look Airmen Goob is making up words, "Mozilla", that ain't a word lol, jk.

Airmen, how do I know if I have Mozilla capabilities?

~A

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First New bike was an FZR 600 back in ok dating myself 1989. Then I got an 87 GSX-R1000 slingshot. Man I feel old. Then I got 91 FZR 600, 89 was stolen and 87 was laid to rest of Natural Causes. Sold FZR and got a ZX-7R. I have had my fair share of bikes.

~A

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a pic of her and no the oil is not from my baby... Trust me this is not my baby's time of the month.

~A

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pic is a bone stock R1 except for the PB Airflow windscreen.

Here is an old helmet of mine (Arai 7rr3)

~A

1 - 17 of 17 Posts