Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo! Picked up my new baby yesterday!

/images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif /images/icons/smile.gif /images/icons/laugh.gif

I can't believe I rode that moped of a Ninja250 for so long!! /images/icons/mad.gif LOL.

I'm so ecstatic! I LOVE this bike! It's sooooo smooth! I LOVE this bike! Where the hell is the warm weather already?!! I really LOVE this bike!

The seat is much more comfortable. I love having my legs further back behind me and my upper body leaned over more. Fairings are a wonderfull thing! I was quite a bit warmer last night on the R6 than I would have if I'd been on my 250. And the throttle!! My god it's so amazing! It just rolls on so smoothly! And not to mention how gorgious this bike looks! (IMO)

I am one incredibly happy woman now! /images/icons/smile.gif

By-the-way, have I mentioned that I really LOVE this bike!!! /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nice pics and it's good to see that you got the <font color=red>red</font color=red> one/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Congrats!!/images/icons/cool.gif
R6 is a great bike. I miss mine/images/icons/frown.gif

Have fun./images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh yeah, BTW nice pics/images/icons/wink.gif

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Noud~ I thought you only liked the <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue> one's? /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hey Mary, maybe riding that 250 for so long allowed you to actually enjoy the R6 as you are a lot more experienced.... don't know how long have you been riding though....

But it is a sweet looking bike, I am jealous /images/icons/mad.gif I want one already. I will be getting one in 3 months.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mary, congrats on the new bike! It looks great. Hopefully I'll get a chance to join one of the group rides this spring/summer and see it. /images/icons/smile.gif

Enjoy it and be safe!

Mo

·
Registered
479 Posts
nice bike.

I broke mine in from 0-1000mi at 6K and mine is at 9,400mi on the odometer and running like a dream.

p.s.- Time for wheelies!!!!!!/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>2001 R6<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>The Blue one Is Faster<font color=blue>/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
sweet ride.
did u make out on the deal ? did they treat u well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They treated me great. But no, I didn't get any deals. But it's Spring, so I wasn't expecting any deals. All the dealers I went to told me the same thing, that the R6 and R1 sell too fast for them to need to make deals.

I guess I could have found a deal if I'd kept on looking around. But this shop (Ellicott City Motorsports) has always treated me so well that I really wanted to give them my money and not some other place. All the dealers I've been to around my city have either treated me blah, almost dismissively, or down right sexist by calling me babe, honey, or telling me that I might be better off on this not so performance tweeked bike. ECM though has always taken the time to explain things to me (without sounding like they're talking down to me) and the sales men have hung around and generally BS'd with me about bikes whenever I came in to look at what they've got. They even asked me about my riding style before jumping to the conclusion that I'm a chic so I must not ride well. That kind of service was worth the little extra money to me.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Great looking bike (for a Yamaha, anyway /images/icons/wink.gif). And I must say you look very nice standing next to it, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am excited you like your new bike, however, it is not a HONDA F4i or the 954. There are just so many R1 lovers coming to the Honda forum, I felt compelled to come over say that the new 954 takes the prize. No hard feelings though, one day you'll get to ride a Honda

·
Registered
698 Posts
Shoulda bought a Honda /images/icons/wink.gif! Seriously, the R6 is a bad ass bike. Good luck with it. It looks nice as hell in either color/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Oh, you didn't know? The warm weather is here in Southern Cali. :)

You got to move out of that state, I tell you!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts