Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who cares, a quick update on what I know about local canyon roads. Pics are from VC star web site and may change - beyond my control.

Highway 33 N from Ojai to Lockwood is scheduled to open this weekend, mudslides on the road only, cleared.

Highway 33 S Ojai to Ventura (freeway strech) is open and congested.

Highway 150 N from Ojai to Santa Barbara is looking like 2 weeks off, some larger slides about a mile past the Casitas summit will take longer to clear.

Highway 150 S from Ojai to Santa Paula was looking like April - sink hole somewhere by Thomas Aquinas college (sulphur scented corner) - downgraded this morning to September....maybe. This is a fun stretch of twisty road and the only non-freeway route into Ojai from the south. Losing this one for the summer hurts, a lot! All pics are of this area.

South Mountain and Grimes (SR 23) are already open as is Balcom Cyn.

Pacifico

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice update Pacman :waytogo: bummer we lost 150 fron santa paula to ojai. amazing 33 did not suffer worse since we had that burn what 2 yrs ago. we are going to hit the coast this weekend and see what the canyons are looking like. You wanna go?

Peace
Tumbleweed

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Highway 150 S from Ojai to Santa Paula was looking like April - sink hole somewhere by Thomas Aquinas college (sulphur scented corner) - downgraded this morning to September....maybe. This is a fun stretch of twisty road and the only non-freeway route into Ojai from the south. Losing this one for the summer hurts, a lot! All pics are of this area.

[/ QUOTE ]
:bawling: :bawling: I LOVE that road! That's like a little slice of Isle of Man !!!

Cheers to the worker's that will fix it up !!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read today that Boquet and San Francisquito are expected to be out of commission for a year....a freakin year! No idea how valid the info is but it came from the Daily News and if it's in a news paper it must be true...eh?

Either way, summer looks spotty at best. Depressing.

Frank, Nogo this weekend. To be honest, I'll keep the bike parked for a while til this mud business sorts itself out. Hell, I couldn't even get out of the Ojai Valley til Wednesday - fortunately, beer deliveries the previous Friday were all made on time :waytogo:

Pacifico

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my fave sections too Noud, though I've never been to the Isle of Man. Perhaps an excuse now that I need a fix? :grin:

Any suggestions on how to get some canyons in between Ojai and the SFValley now that the lone south route out is toast? I'm truly dreading the amount of freeway riding this potentially means in my world. Pitty Party for one :help:

33S, 126E, S mountain to Balcom or Grimes, to 118 - YUCK!!! :flame:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Pacifico said:
I read today that Boquet and San Francisquito are expected to be out of commission for a year....a freakin year! No idea how valid the info is but it came from the Daily News and if it's in a news paper it must be true...eh?

Either way, summer looks spotty at best. Depressing.

Frank, Nogo this weekend. To be honest, I'll keep the bike parked for a while til this mud business sorts itself out. Hell, I couldn't even get out of the Ojai Valley til Wednesday - fortunately, beer deliveries the previous Friday were all made on time :waytogo:

Pacifico

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to like Boquet until I almost got popped doing triple on there. Those straights near the lake just scream "FULL THROTTLE" I just came up on a car and had to slow as a Chippy passed me going the other way. Than a few of my friends on another board got popped on that road. I liked it but it got too hot.

God I gotta get a new bike and hit the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.