Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the fact that the MCN are reviewing the MV F4 Tamburini (e.mail just received from MCN)

Three ways you can tell it's Christmas...

THREE ways you can tell it's Christmas in the MCN office: there's a tree with flashing lights in the corner near design, there are Christmas cards strung up around the road test desk and Chris Walker took time out from his WSB testing to come and rate presents you'll be putting on your wish list. We also test the most refined superbike on the planet the MV F4 Tamburini and report on the Santa's toy runs up and down the country.

Marc Potter
Editor

I just found out that the 1000s is available in...*drool*...I can hardly say it *gulp*...

I was in love before, now I'm positively in lust!!! AAAARGH!

Please Santa, please please PLEEEEEEASE ???!!!

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
crenix said:
Yea, one of the locals here has that bike. Everytime he goes to the weekly motorcycle meetings his bike always draws a crowd. I want my bike to draw a crowd...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's real cool for about a month, then it get's old answering the same questions over and over again.

"NO, it is not a Ducati"

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a really cool pic, WFO..I know it's in your "...on the track" thread, but it seems to look better bigger and isolated like that...

I see what you mean about the exclusivity thing. They're like rocking-horse sh$t over here too...but it still wouldn't put me off owning & riding one...the seat height might, but that wouldn't. TBH I'd probably draw more attention by dropping the damn thing cos I can't get my feet on the floor! :rolling: :help:

·
Registered
758 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
"NO, it is not a Ducati"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... here in Roanoke it's even worse...

"What's that?"
"An Aprilia."
"Oh, cool........... What's that?"

:rolling: That's what I get for moving to an area where there's no Aprilia or Ducati dealer for a 100 mile radius...

s'okay, though... just educatin' the masses :grin:

Alex

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
It looks so much better because the pics in the trackday thread were just itty-bitty low res "proofs". Since posting that I paid the $40 to get the Hi-res images on CD. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

and yes the seat height is TALL. Luckily, like almost everything else on the bike it's adjustable. :wink:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:cwm27:..

So, apart from the above illustration on how to adjust the seat height (thankyou Shamar! :rolling: :smirk:)...is it really adjustable, or are you just winding me up, WFO? :help:

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I prefer this one. You can see the funky pipes. :smile:

or maybe this one.

Yeller, you crank this nut here. (in yellow) to lower the rear. The front is done the old fashioned way, raise the forks in the clamps.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now you're just showing off!! :lol:...but I have to concur with the "funky pipes" shot. :bow:

:Wow1: So *trying to contain excitement* this adjuster is entirely independent of the suspension settings and gives you how much adjustment to play with?

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
It is independant of preload, rebound & dampening. But lowering is considered a suspension adjustment. It does effect the way your suspension works, particularly if you don't change the front along with it. I lowered the back and the front exact amounts. Then went 2mm lower on the front to sharpen turn-in slightly. (I could have adjusted teh rake of the forks as well.)

I forget just how far you can go on the rear, but it isnt a tremendous amount, I'm going to say just shy of an inch.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks WFO...I only need an inch!!!...now all I need is about £14,500 :bawling: :help:

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Yeller600 said:
Thanks WFO...I only need an inch!!!...now all I need is about £14,500 :bawling: :help:

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of respect I am going to resist the urge to comment.... :tongue:

:lol:

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I finally looked at the review of the 1000. I can't believe they didnt go to a radial front brake. Dammit. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I assume they didnt change the rear either...it just plain blows. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really? Right! That's it! You can keep your stinking motorcycle, Mr Augusta!!! :flame:

:smirk:

:lol: only those privileged to own one can afford to make a comment like that...I guess the rest of us mere mortals will just continue to gaze googly-eyed at them and dream of one day being able to place a butt cheek within a foot of such a thing of beauty! *sigh*

:wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts