Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Norick "The Human Cannonball" Abe will also ride a Yamaha Superbike alongside that Gimbert guy who had a good ride as wildcard last year.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
but our bike is still an unknown quantity at this level and we will be going to each circuit without a base set up.

[/ QUOTE ]

..................and thats what makes Haga such a pleasure to watch. Always on the ragged edge. :waytogo: :applause: Win it or bin it.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I'm putting all my marbles in a basket named Nori-chan. Except for an infraction in the year CE II won the title, which I still think was BS, he would have been the WSBK champion. I also, in watching him, don't think he is a win or bin rider. IMHO, I would compare him to Val in the desire, drive, and ambition to be the best. Since his time WSBK in the years after his season lost to CE II to a test he lost to a cold medication, he's been on inferior machines with motors prone to self-destructing. Put him on a factory machine with Yamaha and we will see the same kind of moves Duhamel et. al. put on Zemke this past AMA season done by Nori to Vermuellen. Nori-chan, despite my deep Ducati bias, is my favorite to win the WSBK title this year...and I think he deserves it!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
If not for mechanical failures (i think he had like 4 motors blow up) he would have taken the title last year, in his first year on the 999. Nori Haga is one of the best riders to watch because he hangs it out there. Very brave dude.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Who is this Nori-Chan you keep refering to? I didn't know the WSBK had any Chinese riders. :lol: j/k man. I agree with you on the drug test thing. But one thing to keep in mind when people keep saying that his machines let him down, when all the motors kept blowing up. Sometimes, and I stress sometimes cuz this may not have been the issue, it is the rider's riding that causes the motors to blow up. All I'm saying is that if another rider can go just as fast and not blow up his motors then he is technically a better rider. Now I'm not saying that there wasn't mechanical deficiencies in his motors or anything like that, just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Ducati Corse struggled last year to meet the demands of supplying so much of the WSBK grid. Really, there were alot of customer 999's blowing up, Noriyuki was just the only guy running at the front who had those problems. The Corse bikes were being rebuilt every weekend while the customer bikes were being forced to wait too long because Ducati couldnt keep up. This year they were stripping back in an effort to save money anyway, since they are spending so much in GP, in AMA, BSB, WSB, etc. So in this particular case I think Nori just had bum equipment, though its possible he was a bit too hard on it, too.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
from the little i know of Japanese:

-san = Mr. or Mrs.
-sama = for showing extra respect
-chan = what you'd attach to a friend's name or a child's name.

I could be completely wrong though, but from years of watching Anime when i was a kid this is what i surmised.

·
Registered
748 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
F4iHigh said:
from the little i know of Japanese:

-san = Mr. or Mrs.
-sama = for showing extra respect
-chan = what you'd attach to a friend's name or a child's name.

I could be completely wrong though, but from years of watching Anime when i was a kid this is what i surmised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much right.
There's also specific honourifics for doctors, teachers, company directors.
Also the san suffix is attached to some locations and businesses, not just people e.g. Fuji-san for Mount Fuji

1 - 11 of 11 Posts