Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was riding with a friend of mine who has a Moto Guzzi Centauro. We noticed that the turn signals on his Guzzi and my TT600 were basically identical. The lengths of the stalks differed a bit, but the basic turn signal body, mounting, and lens were the same. In fact, we compared the little numbers on the lenses and they are *exactly* the same.

I bring this up because I know I've heard people say that Triumph charges an arm-and-a-leg for replacement indicators. I haven't had to replace any, but my friend said that he had to buy a new lens for one of his signals and it was only $8 from the Guzzi dealer. Has anyone here bought a lens from a Triumph dealer? How much did it cost?

-KeithU

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I bought a new one from the Triumph dealer and paid like 80 bucks. /images/icons/frown.gif Later I noticed 996_punk's duck had the same ones. He had to get new ones after a drop and it cost him 20 or 30 bucks. I was pissed needless to say. I have some extra indicator parts if any one is intrested.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
225 Posts
Man 3banger, they hammered you! That's robbery! I bought 2 new fronts for my RS because they shorten nicer than the rears do. I figured out how to shorten the stalks and still retain the factory mounting method. I paid $40 for one side and $42 for the other. I still have spare parts if anyone needs a lens or housing. I'll send it for the shipping cost.

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, my dealer tried to hit me up for $80 for one front turn signal when I had to replace it. Told him forget that and give me the flushmounts over his right sholder. They were $20 for two and look really nice on my bike.

I also went in today to get a handle bar end for my TT. They wanted $20 for one. I did an about face and picked up two from LP for $10. Triumphs prices for replacement parts are rediculous

·
Registered
225 Posts
As others have experienced it really depends on the dealer. My dealer is very good to me and I have no complaints so far. If I got a pair of new factory signals for $40-$42 each that others have had to pay $80 each for, it just reinforces the point that much more. They do have a website- www.cascademoto.com. in case anybody wants to try an alternative. FYI, I have no prior track record with these folks. I met them for the first time when I walked in the door last fall. The opinion generally seems to be the same with all the people I talk to who know them. They try real hard.

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts