Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to get your shite together for a WERA National weekend. /images/icons/laugh.gif Here's our endurance SV with a whole 100 miles of street riding break-in early Saturday evening.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last one. The endurance SV on Sunday night. We'll probably be team PrimerTech rather than Team InfoTech. /images/icons/laugh.gif Oh yeah, we start on our 1300+ mile drive tomorrow night. Who said racing isn't fun? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jay,

We have 4 riders, soon to be 5 once I get my WERA licence this weekend. /images/icons/wink.gif We're based out of Denver CO and race locally in the MRA but this year we're also racing in the WERA National Endurance Challenge Series. We raced in two CMRA endurances last year at Texas World Speedway blowing up our motor in one, and winning the other (beating faultless racing to boot /images/icons/smile.gif) so that's what prompted us to step it up to the WERA series. Here's a link to the Team InfoTech site http://teaminfotech.com/
This has all the riders on it with the exception of Bobby Miosek and myself.

Indiana,

We're running 3 SV650's and 2 RS125's. Our endurance # is lucky 31 and our sprint #'s (as far as I know) are 313, 393, and 39. If I get my # you'll also see 378 on a yellow background as this will be my first race weekend. /images/icons/crazy.gif

We're really looking forward to this as this'll be the first of many long distance trips for the race season. See ya' there!

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
996p... me thinks it's time to fit that RV with one dem there "new-fangled" XM satellite radio receivers... :)

http://www.xmradio.com

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I soooo hear that Shamar. /images/icons/laugh.gif I've been campaigning us getting an enclosed self tracking DSS dish so we can watch the opening round of the GP races on our way home Sunday, but unfortunately the race budget won't allow for things like that. Bummer.

At least all of us are into metal so I won't have to listen to the "Special Olympics" of music, Country. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
Hey Punk ask around what happened to bike #31 in the first round of endurance last year. My buddy and I were racing his bike till he crashed and it burnt down. /images/icons/smile.gif/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DOH! That wasn't us, and hopefully we can bring some luck back to that number. /images/icons/wink.gif Besides, we're just racing around on a diesel powered "ladies sports cruiser", not some hopped up race machine. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Evol,

Nope, by that time we were well into our 26 hr jaunt to Baton Rouge. /images/icons/crazy.gif

We did have a pretty good weekend though by winning our class in the 4 hr endurance and placing 7th overall on an SV650 that only had 100 miles on it's stock engine. /images/icons/smile.gif

I also got to meet Indianaroadracer and check out his turf/tarmac testing device. /images/icons/laugh.gif It was nice to meet another esport member and I'll see ya' again in Putnam Park !

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
I will have to post a pic or two and maybe give a seminar on how to destroy a motorcycle /images/icons/laugh.gif
It was good to meet 996_Punk as well, I have to admit after reading his profile the first time I wanted to call the FBI/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/wink.gifbut he is pretty kewl /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I will have to post a pic or two and maybe give a seminar on how to destroy a motorcycle

<hr></blockquote>

/images/icons/laugh.gif I've got a couple to post as well. By looking at the bike you'd think that the rider was in way worse shape, especially if you saw where this happened. But I think that Indiana probably damaged the barrier with his big ass and that's why it took so long to restart the race. /images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW, Indiana was running 4th overall in the endurance race before his other rider decided to dig up some turf samples with his poor bike./images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts