Sportbike Racing Forum banner

not so nice 600RR

557 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SouthBayPhoto 
#1 ·
OK guys, so here it is. I wrecked my bike on the way home from work tonite :flame:
I'm OK, A bit sore but OK. I was getting off the freeway, making a right when the lady in front of me decided to stop, as I was looking over to the left /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I hit her going about 3 MPH cracked my front fairing, busted my turn signal, and scuffed the paint :bawling:
I am so glad I didn't drop it :rolling: anyway my thigh hurts from "saving" the drop and my arm is tweeked by the sudden turning of the bars but I will ride tomorrow if its SUNNY again. :waytogo:
You never do know when we may have 5 days of rain again :lol: :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
I was worried that this was were the post was going, sounds like you just turned it into the perfect track bike. :waytogo: You better make sure you didn't bend anything having a head on collision like that.

#3 ·
Frank, just glad you're OK, bro :shocked: BTW, don't scare us by typing that you "wrecked" your RR... I almost had another heart attack, and in the words of Chris Farley, 'that'd be a Baker's Dozen"... :tongue: j/k

#8 ·
That is a very common mistake made by many drivers, 2 wheeled or otherwise. In my forty-something years on this planet I have witnessed several accidents due to that same scenario. The first time was when I was quite young; my father pointed it out to me before I was even old enough to drive, that lesson was one of the few that I learned the easy way; usually I am doomed to learn the hard way as you did.

When waiting in line to make a right turn, especially on a red light never take your eyes off the car in front of you until it is safely out of your way, and then look left for cross traffic before proceeding.

I have crashed many times in my life, and I have suffered some rather tragic injuries; yet I ride on aggressively and with confidence even knowing that next time I may not be so lucky. I pride myself on my acquired ability to expect and respond to the unexpected; yet even at my very best I can not compensate for the clear and utter disregard and carelessness of the common driver; not meaning any harm, yet totally oblivious to the possible consequences of his /her actions. I no longer ride daily to work, even though I could save so much time breezing through all the traffic. I now limit my riding to weekends and vacation trips; which has served to increase my enjoyment of the SPORT, and probably extended my life expectancy. I would rather not live than live without riding, therefore I thank you for your candid admission, and I will always try to keep in mind everything I learn from your experience. Today, I welcome the advice of others and I try to learn from their mistakes how to improve my chances of survival.

Thanks again, JEFF

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
jeffsback said:
usually I am doomed to learn the hard way as you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my down fall, I have actually done this before /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and still havn't learned my lesson yet. Maybe this time it will sink in :waytogo:

Also sorry for the "wrecked" statement I just didn't know any other way to say that I ran into the back of someone. So I had an accident :lol:

#11 ·
Well. I was the other way...I almost didn't read this thread cuz I thought it was just a picture of a crashed bike. I guess you edited the title before I got to it.

Anyways, sorry to hear, Frank! :bawling: Glad it was nothing more than that. 3 mph sure beats 103mph :grin:
Yeah, now it can be a track bike in the future :809028-ridin:

Hmmm...why DO we look left when there's still a car in front of us? :crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.