Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just got back from a great day of riding. i stopped in at a dealer to pick up some oil and check out the new bikes. as i was paying for my oil, this guy was talking about the new bike he bought. he said that he bought the yellow triumph. we talked a bit, i told him how much i love my st. he asked "what model did i buy?" i was a little stunned, but i told he bought an rs. he had two concerns about the bike. 1: will he have to shift alot (i told him the bike had a lot of torque and he would be able to pass cars without shifting.) 2: will harley riders accept him. (i told him that everyone was different, some will, some won't.) it turns out that the main reason for buying the bike was that it is yellow. i'm trying not to be too judgmental, but DAMN this guy is testing me. ( he bought a left over '01 rs for $8000. a very pretty bike, to be sure.)

G

·
I feel like I keep repeating this but IMO, it does not matter what you ride or why you bought it as long as you enjoy it and you ride it.
Can I get an Amen my Brothers and Sistas?

Shut up and Ride!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"...it does not matter what you ride or why you bought it as long as you enjoy it and you ride it"

ok, i agree. but wouldn't you expect someone to know WHAT they bought? the rs was one of the best looking bikes in the shop and i would have bought it myself, especially at that price. i guess there is a lot to be said for impulse buying, but still i think that i would know what i just paid $8k for. maybe i'm just a snob.

G

·
I would too but not everyone is as passionate about this stuff as we are. As long as he doesn't ride as a danger to himself or the rest of us, who cares.

Shut up and Ride!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Motorcycles seem to be one of the latest 'social acceptance acessories'. I have noticed this trend the last few years, the real sad thing is that the majority of people who jump into this trend never discover the joys of riding and end up selling their bike when the shiny toy factor wears off.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ian, Your right I have a good friend that got a Harley 1200 Sportster, bought all the black Harley gear, head to toe. He has had it for 4 years and 3000 miles on it. shame, but to each their own.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Motorcycles seem to be one of the latest 'social acceptance acessories'. I have noticed this trend the last few years, the real sad thing is that the majority of people who jump into this trend never discover the joys of riding and end up selling their bike when the shiny toy factor wears off."

right. this is the guy's first bike and he should know what he is getting into. granted, this no hyabozo, but maybe too much power for a first ride. his friends all ride hds, so maybe this will be a break-in bike for when he is ready for one of them. who knows. i just get the feeling that triumph is going to get a bad rap when he tires of this toy.
ok, i'm sorry that i brought all of this up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts