Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, the Falco was re-arranged by an SUV a while ago, and I had been trying to get it back on the road...

Well, in spite of insurance company adjustment and payment delays, I had expressed to me dealer that I *really* wanted to get my bike back on the road for the Super Sunday Aprilia gathering in Danbury this weekend. He had been working to have parts expedited from Italy in time, but that seemed to fall through due to the unpredictabilities involved in international shipping... (Translation - The order has disappeared somewhere between Italy and here, and they don't know where it went).

Hearing that, I had cancelled my plans to ride.

*****************************HOWEVER!!!!************************

He's pulling his demo bike off the floor and cannibalizing the front subframe so I can ride this Sunday!!!!

As you could imagine, this is NOT a minor part, and he doesn't know when his demo bike may be restored to ride-able condition. So, if anyone's thinking of buying an Aprilia in the NJ area, call Kevin at Route 23 Cycle Center http://www.cyclecenters.com

Most dealer stories involve somebody getting screwed, and I think it's important to identify the ones that are doing it right...

Scott /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
191 Posts
Damn!!! Cant beat that kind of service!!!

Michael
'00 Aprilia Mille R
'01 Audi TT Quattro Roadster 225hp

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
So is the point of this story to tell us that you'll be at Marcus??? /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
boy that's a rarity... i've always thought dealers should be willing to do that if the circumstances permit... most shop owners i've encountered (and believe me i've encountered a lot here in jersey) are SOOO far removed from it means to be a "consumer" that they no longer have a clue nor give a crap... :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts