Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally picked up the new bike. I rode it part of the way home between NY and Cleveland. I did run out of fuel however which was no big deal when you have a chase truck but I was shocked that the bike has such a small range. I am looking forward to my Arrow exhaust arriving so I can hear the uncorked sound. The fuel injection is crisper in high gears than my 996 and the seating position is much more comfortable for highway use.

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Shes a beaut!

CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Great looking ride. Maybe that fuel milage will improve with the full Arrows.

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I am very happy to have the bike. Now if the weather would only cooperate I may even get to finish the break-in and see what she does! Note the snow! Has anyone tried a Power Commander on a RSV?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Nice looking bike but for the HUGE can it's got, I can see why you'd want to replace it.
Congrats!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rod: I can remember the excitement (it lasted from 12/00 until 4/28/01) the day I picked up Mille. What a sweet ride she is. Fuel Milage? A friend of mine has a Duc MH900 Mike Hailwood special with a 2.5 gallon tank - were constantly stopping every 40-80 miles for fuel! Actually, that distance is about all the time I want to spend and it's always a good break - I just hope we don't hit a remote stretch of pavement.

So take care of the Mille R and put a fresh coating of carnuba wax on her. Treat her like a lady.

The Electric Banana Man
01 Mille R #107 and very Yellow
Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it get to the end, the quicker it goes!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The bike is beautiful - congradulations- wait till the exhaust goes on - you think the Ducs sound good..... you are in for a surprise....

Welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The fuel range will improve with the break in. The Falco fuel light was coming on at just over 100 miles when it was new. Now it'll go to about 140 before lighting up.

The Aprilia dealer out by me specializes in High performance, and swears by the power commander. He's been spending countless hours tweaking it for the most power it can get. I'll have to check with him to see what he's got it up to now.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
congratulations on your new ride, as a former duc owner myself, you'll be surprised at the performance of this bike, and the reliability and cheaper maintainence costs are nice too. I have the full Arrows system on my bike, and if you're getting the same system, you'll love it. Sounds great without being TOO loud, and everything tucks in nice and tight, with room for your boots too. Good luck with your bike, keep posting photos as you individualize her. Ride safe.

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
ris996~ I'd have to say, the Falco and RSV are some of the nicest motorcycles on the road. Congrats and best of luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I started the 996 with Termi's and the RSVR with the stock pipes last night and I already like the RSVR sound better. I am shipping out the 996 to its new owner this morning so another phase begins!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts