Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that remembered the "MOTOWHEELS.COM rocks hard!!!!!" post, pimmie and I had a couple posts about a billet reverse shifter problem. Well, I bit the bullet and bought some rearsets. I've wanted rearsets, and this was the excuse I needed!

I ordered them from http://www.redracingparts.com and got my confirmation email shortly after placing the order. Red Racing Parts is in Italy, and the total bill (including shipping) was 319.68 Euro, which is roughly $285. International orders are shipped FedEx and I'm *supposed* to get the rearsets Thursday or Friday (3-4 day listed ship time).

I wanted to share because this is by far the best price I've found for corsa style rearsets, by at least $65. The ones for standard shift are about $15 more, and all the parts can be bought seperately.

When I get 'em, I'll post some comparison pictures that shows how the peg position is different, and then pictures of them installed. The only downside is the heelplates are a seperate item, and they are the corsa c/f heelplates, at about $150 for the set. Not cheap, so I'm gonna be doin without heelplates for a bit.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: new rearsets on the way!

Very nice Erik. I've been kicking around the idea of getting some from Redracing as well but since (1)I never have the time to ride my Duc and (2)I'm spending all "play" money on racing (trashed 2 wheels and a set of Michelin Pilot race's with 3 laps on them this past weekend /images/icons/crazy.gif), I have put rearsets low on my list of priorities.

They look very nice, let me know how you like them after a few miles of use.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rearsets got here from Italy in four days, just as promised. I wasn't home Friday, so I picked them up at the FedEx warehouse Saturday after work. They were easy to install and they work great. They feel a lot different, but they are very adjustable and I like the new feeling. Here's some pictures

I ordered the Corsa carbon heelplates, but they won't be here for another couple weeks or so. Oddly enough, my price at the local Ducati dealer is less than mail order/internet! After that, I'll be looking at the corsa style carbon exhaust shield to complete the look. I'm pretty happy with my purchase, especially since I saved a lot of money. My experience with Red Racing Parts was great, and I'll be sure to give them some more business!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a comparison between the stock shift side setup and the 'corsa' style setup. The weight savings isn't a whole lot, but the knurled pegs grip like glue and they feel sportier.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just received some carbon fiber parts for my RSV. Their prices are great and so is their service.

Jay
Hello, Come in Earth, Over./images/icons/wink.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
That set looks great Erik!
Can you adjust the pegs when they're on the bike or do you have to take them off to adjust?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can adjust the pegs anytime. There's an allen bolt behind the peg (not visible in the pictures) and you just loosen it slightly and the peg adjusts, then tighten the bolt and its fixed! Easy as pie

·
Registered
770 Posts
Wow Erik, those look pretty trick and bullet-proof. Nice touch to an already awesome bike. Maybe you could give us an update after you've had them awhile?? Enjoy...

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did my first ride today with the new rearsets. I can really tell the difference between the new and old pegs. For the most part the difference is good. The pegs are really grippy and sturdy. With these pegs higher and more forward, I felt a little taller in the saddle. Its really hard to explain, but its a different feeling. The only dowside is that they are high up enough that I have a more difficult time adjusting my foot position. I used to move the ball of my foot on the peg when I took a corner hard (inside foot), but with the pegs higher than before, it's more of a challenge. The flip side is that the pegs are high enough that I'm not worried about dragging my toes so I don't really *need* to adjust my foot position too much.

We'll see how it goes. I'm going riding tomorrow and Wednesday, then a few of us head to Sears Point, where we plan to do some riding on Thursday. I'm confident I'll really like the new rearsets, I just need a few miles to get used to 'em and do some fine tuning.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the photos and report Erik. Those are definately on my short list for bike parts I need. /images/icons/smile.gif

Have a great time at Sears Point you lucky bastardo! /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!!!! I noticed also that I'm a little sore in the legs. I may try to adjust the pegs down a bit, but then adjusting the shift lever is the tricky part. It probably doesn't help that I'm not sportbike sized (6'3/265) and that I'm kind of scrunched up with the pegs raised. It wasn't uncomfortable when I was riding though. There was a long stretch of straight 55mph road too (about 10 miles, with a sheriff behind us the whole way...ugh!). Oh, the three guys I was riding with either are racers or used to be, so I was playing catch-up...and not very well! As with many performance parts, especially Ducati ones.....its probably best suited for track use or very agressive canyon carving, but I can live with the negatives in order to get the positives. I have to keep reminding myself that the 996 is NOT a commuter bike, and is horrible in traffic (unless I can pass).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts