Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Colorado Powersports today and bought myself a 2002 R1 (<font color=red>red/white</font color=red>) from evollife! Well, I actually don't have the bike yet, but will be picking it up on Thursday or Friday.

After 3 years on 600's I thought I would make the jump to a liter bike - not that I really need it! Had a hard time deciding between the 954 and the R1, but finally came down to the Yamaha - which was especially tough after riding CBRs for the last 3 years. I think both bikes are incredible and incredibly sexy, it's just that the Yamaha seemed to make my heart race a little more when I looked at it and sat on it.

Anybody out there ride the 954 and the R1? From what I've heard so far, the R1 feels like you are more an integral part of the bike as opposed to riding on top of it. Just curious.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the Yamaha forum - hadn't spent much time over here before.... Didn't really need to cause it always seemed like the Yami fans were hanging out in the Honda forum talking smack /images/icons/wink.gif!

-b-

There are many ways to die but the worst is by not living.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Now you know why we talk so much smack. Our bikes are unreal!/images/icons/laugh.gif Congrats.

BTW, my dad just bought a bike from evollife, he ripped us off!!!/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
courteous service? I aim to please/images/icons/smile.gif

It's kinda funny instead or working the customers I'm working my dealership/images/icons/wink.gif shhh don't tell anyone/images/icons/wink.gif

God if only I could sell myself the new R1/images/icons/frown.gif I like it more and more everyday and it's like torture working around them all day long/images/icons/crazy.gif

<font color=orange>Antisigtite Bastage</font color=orange>

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I got good service from evollife. Wasn't even really planning on trying to buy a bike that day either - just happened.

Damn salesmen!

There are many ways to die but the worst is by not living.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Noooooo wait yeeessssss wait I can't afford that so no/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
nope I'm gonna stick it out and wait for about a year and maybe something new and exciting will be out then.

I'm not giving in to all the sh!t I get for my bike!!! I can ride it like a bat out of hell and no matter what anyone else thinks, it looks good to me/images/icons/smile.gif
and it's fun isn't that what its all about?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The R1 fire is lit but I wanna start getting out on the track and I think a liter bike is just too much for me on a track/images/icons/crazy.gif

Now an R6 could be whats in my future/images/icons/wink.gif far future

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Evollife, when I get back next year I might be seeing you on a 03 R-1. The 01 R-1 will be paid off and maybe a track bike by then.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts