Sportbike Racing Forum banner

new paint

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  62736 
#1 ·
maybe you guys can help me i want to paint my bike and have been calling around and all the places said they will do it for 300 dollars or more what i dont understand is why they are charging so much for a basic paint job and they will do a car for less. is it that hard to strip 4 fairings and a gas tank that they charge so much and if i want the best (which i do) they want about 600 and they want 100 to take the fairings off which i could do myself. do any of you know a place that does a good job but dosent destroy a budget thanks in advance

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

#2 ·
That's a pretty good price IMO. It will cost me $150 to get one spot done on mine where I had a crack plastic welded. The parts will be off the bike, making it more difficult. you can't just grind paint of plastic like you can on a car. It's just more work, really. That's the way it was explained to me, anyway.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

#4 ·
seriously, these people gotta live too, you're lookin at 40 an hour i believe for labor ,maybe as little as 30, and sanding allt hat is hard work, takes a long time by hand to make a sweet finish, seriously, it took me a good couple of hours to sand a rear fender alone, the fairing is taking forever.....it's not that bad really dude.

#5 ·
You guys are hilarious! You get what you pay for and I doubt you'll get a factory quality paint job for $350! lol! There are 2 good shops north of Seattle that do damn good work with very nice state of the art equipment and can get factory quality results for $1000! I wouldn't pay less for a bike I love! That's for a solid color, too.

#6 ·
sorry all of us dont have that mony to throw around however if i were you i would worry about getting a better bike then wasting a grand to paint an obsolete one we on the other hand work with what we got you think were hilarious because we wont spend a g to put new paint on a piece of junk now my bike may not be the newest or the fastest however its hilarious for someone owning a 1990 HONDA CBR1000 to try to bash someone when there not even in there own damm manufacturer forum. the point of this post was to discuss not to put down,see if i were you i would keep my mouth shut and stick to my own !$@*ing forum.your just lucky not many people read this post because we really dont like being insulted by honda riders especialy if there in our forum so go brag about your decade old scrap metal on wheels with honda good-bye

#7 ·
You are either really upset because nobody loves you, you're a woman on her period or you can't read very well. I love it when dumb people like yourself are so insecure! LOL! Thanks for the laugh! I never said I was going to paint my bike, idiot! HAHAHA! You can't read OR comprehend very well! I wasn't trying to bash anyone... I wouldn't TRY to bash, I WOULD bash. Just like I'm making an ass out of you right now! You are clearly a mental midget and should shut your mouth since you can't think straight! If you were so smart, you would know that paying $350 for a paint job is a joke! I'm lucky not many people read this post? WHY? Are they all going to reach through the screen and get me? You are SOOO dumb! HAHA! Maybe YOU should invest in a brain before you paint your KawaSUCKY... or is that a Suzuki..... or?

I'm afraid I just ate your lunch. I hope you enjoyed receiving your virtual ass kick! LOL!

#12 ·
Perhaps you should think about how "dumb" you look for furthering this argument with your petty insults. Maybe you should spend more time working on your social skills and perhaps learn to word what you say better, it's way too easy to mistake "friendly advice" for smug snobbery especially with a comment written as poorly as that.

If you don't give it to me, I'm gonna take it!

#13 ·
i got a better idea instead of fighting with each other how about we try helping maybe i did misinterpet your post my mistake so then tell me is 350 still to cheap to paint a bike in which all the fairings have been removed striped sanded primed and sanded again. all i need is it sprayed on if all i need is it sprayed why are they charging almost 400 all the hard stuff has been done already?

#14 ·
Yes, $400 is cheap to paint your bike. You will get what you pay for though so be careful. One of the reasons it seems expensive is because they need to buy the paint and they don't come in sizes that are "just enough." You can probably look on colorrite.com. Also. the time to prepare the parts will be just as long. Actually shooting the pieces is the easy part.

I agree that it is too easy to misinterpret someone's tone over the internet so I always assume the best intentions. You guy's were just being nasty to each other.

#17 ·
so even though i have all ready got the parts striped sanded primed and removed its still alot i think i mean all they have to do is spray im buying the paint myself

#18 ·
i'd ask their recommendations in regards to painting them, like which kind of paint you should get, now as for 400 dollars, i don't know man, stop beetchin thta's all, if you think it's that bad of a deal then shop around, seriously, the guys need to make a living, 400 is a bit steep only to paint, but then they might have to polish then clear, you're lookin at 50 an hour, if its that big a deal to you, buy a compressor an expensive air gun, and mess up your own paint job.

#21 ·
Hey shaft, If you knew anything about painting a bike, you'd know that the total number of parts being painted is reflected in the price, too. If anaya is refering to the ninja 500R, and the panels just need to be sanded with 320 paper prior to painting, I personally would only charge $300 to do that job. two colors provided there isn't alot of masking involved. However, YOUR ancient tank would probably run $800-1000 to two tone, because of all of the parts involved, so no, a $350 paint job of fairly high quality is NOT out of the question. And you don't have to be such a D!CK about it, either! P.s. , is your name really shaft, or is that your favorite snack?!?!

<font color=blue>That's not a <font color=red> THREAT, <font color=blue>it's a <font color=red>PROMISE!!/images/icons/mad.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.