Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'm a newb /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif lol

I've had my 2000 ZX6R since April, so I'm not much of a newb with Kawi's though.

Here's a picture of my bike... let me know what you think.

I'm looking forward to frequent these boards too :waytogo:

-Derek

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Looks like you gave your bike a rimjob. :lol:

I think over the winter everybody mostly argues in the Daily Rant 2 section.

G

·
MY BROTHER. I have a 01 zx9 and a 91 Grand AM GT with rice pipes on it. I want to polish my frame on my 9 but have been workin on my yammi yz for a while.

Did you buy the bike polished? If not, how much did you pay?

Her bee me!

·
Registered
366 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
MY BROTHER. I have a 01 zx9 and a 91 Grand AM GT with rice pipes on it. I want to polish my frame on my 9 but have been workin on my yammi yz for a while.

Her bee me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very beautiful. :808922-fiddy:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awww, judging my car... lol. its a 95 grand am (not rice) and i cant afford American Muscle + a motorcycle. i have a cardomain page about it if you guys are interested... but as soon as I graduate college, i'm getting a truck :tongue:

thats my old hobby though, now motorcycles are the new one.. i got bored modifying cars and always wanted to ride. took the MSF course and made up my mind i was going to ride.

[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
sharp kawi!!

Luckily, I bought the bike polished. It's not hard though, just time consuming. Theres a few how-to's floating around the internet. check google (if i come by one, i'll send you the link). would be a great to do during the winter :wink:

hurry up spring!! I want to go ride :808993-banghead:

-dc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
I'll tell ya, i might just try to polish my own bike out. I just took apart almost all of my yammaha. I don't know why i'm scared to do it. I posted pics before but if you wanna see it.....

http://www.bikepics.com/members/mikev7/00yz426f/default.asp?i=251921&s=0

[/ QUOTE ]
go for it... if you have you mind set to polishing it, you cant go wrong. if you scratch your frame, sand some more :tongue: theres a part of the frame that has a few pits on mine (which is probably just cheap steel). Joe Blow off the street cant tell, but I know they are there. maybe one day I'll sand/polish them out. but every bike i will ever have will have a polished frame (unless its a black frame, those are nice too /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif )

-dc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
On yours, did they polish the inside of the frame? The part that's closest to the engine.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, they removed all the plastic, and everything they can easily reach, they polished it. they even polished all of the front forks. they removed the swingarm and polished that too. the inside wasnt completely polished though, just more shinny than normal. they did that probably because of it being hard to keep clean since the tire is a few inches from the inside of the swingarm.

............. come to think about it, they did polish a little bit of the inside of the frame. i remember when i had the gas tank off, the inside was polished up to the point where they could reach. they never removed the motor though.

after winter when i go over everything again, i can take pictures of it without the plastic to give you an idea what they polished and where they stopped.

-dc

G

·
I guess if i do it, i'll leave the engine in. I'm really considering doing it myself. I already proved i can do a flawless job. That dirt bike was hard doing by hand. It took about 3 weeks of steady work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts