Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ya 'all seen the new high mount option from Suzuki? Man it looks sweet! Do you think the exhaust should be further back from the seat, or is it perfect like it is? All comments welcome...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
definitely looks good but boring can would still have to be replaced. Is there a passenger peg there or did it get tossed with the option?

Wheelies don't necessarily make you a squid, but bitchin about em' sure makes you a sissy!

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
While I would like that setup, the truth is it will never be offered. 90% of sportbike riders must have passenger accomodations. I always take the passenger pegs off my bike, but i have learned to keep them since when it is sold the buyer invariably wants them

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan to have a half pipe made to do this with the stock can. I don't want the noise of an aftermarket pipe. I think I will move it back just a few inches though to keep it away from me. Photoshop is great isn't it. It took me about 30 minutes. Rebuilding the back rim and tire took all the time.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think Hindle makes something like that. I think their system retains the pass pegs too.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hindle does make a High Mount full system which I think is about $500-$600 or so, real cheap.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hindle definitely makes the full system high mount. I think they and Yosh make 1/2 systems a la high mount variety also.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
you can get a high mount mid pipe to use with your stocker..... can't remember what the..... rhcullen?

<font color=red>Love</font color=red> <font color=blue>Peace</font color=blue> <font color=green>Happiness</font color=green> <font color=purple>Ride</font color=purple>

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hindles are also some of the quitest aftermarketpipes out there and give very good gains but the build quality is not up there with akro or micron

·
Registered
823 Posts
You're right about the build quality. The thing is that they're still pretty damned good. And then you factor in the low price, you've got great value.

As for the quiet part, you must be talking about the "Stealth" canister becaus ethe "Race" canister is LOUD!

I am 99% positive they make a half system. I'm talking about a canister and the elbow. It just slips onto the outlet of the stock header. There are many advantages to this set up and I'd never buy the full system.

Advantages:
Excellent header is not scrapped. Ti, excellently designed, why would you want to replace it???
Very easy installation.
Saves weight.
Costs less.
Looks good.

I wish they made this half system with a Ti elbow and canister. Then I could have a full Ti system.

Oh yeah, I held the stock Ti header and my SS Yosh header in each hand. I'd guess the stocker is about half the weight...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Here's the Hindle part number for the pipe I'm talking about.
SXR1021SOHSS
And here's the link:
http://www.hindle.com/html/suzuki.html Look at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
5 Posts
u dont want noise outta your pipe? whats that? jus kiddin sig, u know i think it looks sweet. jus as long as u aint losin to many of them horseys. then id be able to smoke u. yeah right. well i had to check out my new membership on this site so i figured id write u. peace.
t

1 - 20 of 21 Posts