Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2001 demo, 3800 mi.from Southbay Moto in Lomita,Ca.$9895.00 OTD with $500.00 in accessories, Southbay carbon high mounts and chip,($1300.00) oil change for life,and suspension setup.I'm also hoping for 6000 mi.service?.This dealer went way out of there way to help me, I recommend them highly.I test rode this baby and bought it. Unreal power and what a sound, should pick this up by the end of the month.Thanks Southbay!!! P.S. anyone interested they have another for even less. Check traderonline.com

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I would love to see the South Bay cans

<hr></blockquote>

Me too! Was the sales girl hot/images/icons/wink.gif

/images/icons/smile.gif Couldnt resist...

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Beautiful bike, I love them and almost bought one. Could not find a blue one and the dealer stinks in my area. He told me that he a couple in stock. Went out there, about a 20 minute ride and he still had the same 00' Red Falco from last year. No one would fess up about the stock issue and they had no others until May. Anyway, Good riding!!!

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also bought a '01 Falco from Matt. Be aware that the 4650 mile service will cost you $325 plus parts. For me, including a new rear tire, the final tally was $685. But the free loaner is wonderful. Ask for the Moto Guzzi LeMans!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was unaware of a 4650 mile service, what did they do for 325.00? What was the other 360.00 for,.I was told 600 mi. then 6000 mi.and every 6000 mi. after that. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you refer to the owner' manual, you will see the first services at 600 - 4650 - 9350 and so on. Your "service" light will come on at 4650. For $325, they checked the tappet clearance (it was fine) changed the oil, clutch fluid, air and oil filters, and spark plugs. The new Metzler was $185. Oil was $23.80, plugs $20, clutch fluid
$4.75, air filter $25. Labor on the tire was $65. Euro bikes cost a lot to maintain, unless you do your own. Just ask any BMW or Ducati owner.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Wow! $250 to replace a Metzler? Should've just thrown a set of BT010's on there instead! /images/icons/crazy.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts