Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last saturday the front discs of my '01 748s were replaced under warranty because they were warped (2200km).
They didn't have any 748 discs but did have a set of discs which are used on the 748R, 998S/R (I later found out), I did have to pay some extra for them but do this discs make a difference!!! They are much lighter than the discs that came off the bike and with the SBS race pads they installed it's one hell of a braking package! If I compare them to the original brake setup they really transform the bike. I can brake later and deeper into the turn with them... Turn in feels lighter as well...
Maybe it's all between the ears but I like 'm, a lot! (especially the 'hissing' sound when braking hard) Can't wait to try them out on the Nurburgring/images/icons/laugh.gif
If you get the chance try this setup.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
If they are, you never mentioned they were floaters. Very nice.

James, I really want to here how those buttons work out. Like how do you remove the old buttons and how easy do the new ones go in. Thanks.

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't mention that because I didn't know!/images/icons/laugh.gif

But now you mention it, the shop owner did show me that there's more movement between the outer and inner ring then the 'standard' discs...
They don't rattle as much as the discs on my Superlight though, those were loud!!/images/icons/tongue.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts