Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I have not been on in a while. Back in August my kawi was stollen. Getting a new one (yes). If you had the option to buy a new open class bike which one would it be. I want you to be honest dont say kawi because you have one. Once again be honest.

red hot kawi

·
Registered
38 Posts
razor

I have been asking myself that question for the last couple of months and I finally ended up with a 9R in the new burnt orange color. I am a little biased because I have a 50 minute (well it's more like a 40 minute now) commute each day. If you are looking for a do it all bike, the 9R is hard to beat. I rode an R1 and it has a little more low-end, but there wasn't enough windscreen there for me. I didn't ride the GSXR thou, but I sat on one and the riding position was a little too radical for me. The new 954 is really nice and I had debated on if I should have bought that one instead of the 9R. I didn't like the seat on the 954 and the Honda dealership wouldn't haggle with me. I picked up the 9R for $8600. Given the price and the fact that it really kicks at those higher rpms, I am pleased with my choice. Bottom line is that bikes are like ladies, you have to find that compromise between performance and manners that you can live with. That is why the come in all sizes and colors!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I've opted for the 2002 ZX12 on the basis that its the perfect compromise between torquey sports tourer, agile sports bike and mental drag bike. Obviously it doesn't excel in any compared to a single purpose bike but I can't afford three new bikes.

If I was choosing an out and out sports bike, I'd choose a black and blue Gixer thousand.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You do not say what you want to do with the bike.

If I had to commute like I do, and ride the twisties for
fun on weekends etc. Kawi for sure.
I went with the 12, but the 9 would have been my next choice.

If you want a pure fun bike, just to ride weekends, no
commuting (or very little), then the R1 would be my choice.
But I think it is too aggresive riding position for much
commuting duty.

·
Registered
976 Posts
heheh. i concur with 9rph.
go for kaw if you want a rocket couch.
the other bikes just arent as cozy.
the 954's seat didnt sit well with me either.

"2nd place is the 1st place loser." -- Origin Ambiguous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts