Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any big bore kits for the ZX9R, other than he kit Muzzy offers? I called them today wanting to order one and was told the wait was up to 6 weeks for delivery. When I inquired as to why, he stated that they sold from 2 to 5 kits a day, and that I would have to be placed on a waiting list for availability.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do, for $3000.00... Any others? I want more speed from the bike, but I have to feed the family too you know.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
572 Posts
zlock racing makes a 950 kit for 1200$ .They say those guys really know how to make kawis run.Add in roadracing world,thinking of them myself.Let me know what u decide

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the Muzzy kit and it's great. I was talking to Keith Pinkstaff last weekend, he raced for Zlock for many years, and he is very happy with the 950cc Zlock kit. I also know another guy who has the Zlock kit and he is happy with it too. We're gonna trade bikes when the weather gets better and see the diffrences, I'll post.

IMHO, unless your racing I wouldn't go with the Superbike Mike's kit. Mine crept a couple more degrees but with 1050cc riding on the street it's most likey to generate alot more heat.

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh and there's these guys I don't know much about them but I've seen them advertise on some other boards,

<< Cycle Concepts in South Carolina has engine packages for the ZX9's...big bore kit, ported head, competition valve job, adjustable cam sprockets, oversized stainless intake valves, springs and ti retainers all for $ 3095.00 out the door ready to ride...there also are less expensive packages available...please call for details...high lift cams are also available from muzzys at an additional cost....

dwayne/phil
cycle concepts
803.285.8093 >>

<font color=green>If your elbow isn't touching, what's the point in riding?</font color=green>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts