Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '98 T595 needs tires in the worst way possible. What are some suggested tires for this bike in the stock sizes? I don't ride my bike that hard, so I am looking for something that might give me more mileage than raw performance. Also, I'm fairly new to the whole motorcycle thing and need suggestions on decent mailorder/internet stores to buy tires.

Thanks.

Stupid people do stupid things...smart people outsmart each other.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have been happy with my BT010's
Though I might try something different with my next set.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Performance and mileage??
Dunlop D205 or Bridgestone BT020.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I went from the 020's on the RS to Pilot Sports and wouldnt go back, they wore evenly and great feedback and grip. I went from the 010's to Supercorsas and would never go back to any other tire regardless of price, these things are incredible, very precise, no thumping over bumps and sticky as heck, I am sure they will wear more than some other tires but for the performance and what, $300 a season for tires is worth it to maybe save your skin and bodywork!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Being a Bridgestone fan, I would look into one of the following: Sport-Touring BT020, All around Sport riding BT010 and hard sport riding the Supercorsa. I have not owned the last set, but everyone else loves them.

I have Michelins Macadam 100X now and will go back to Bridgestone's for the coming year. I hate the warm up time and road feel.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I have a set of BT010's waiting to go on for next months gap trip (and the gap trip the month after that) and a set of BT020's to handle a 10,000 mile trip in September.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
o.k. an opportunity to be obnoxious...

performance & milage 208 GP's
stick like glue and ya' get about 800 miles out of 'em.....

oh and they cost alot!!!!

<font color=yellow>Zoom,Zoom,Zoom</font color=yellow>
<font color=yellow>MOVE OVER COMIN' THRU</font color=yellow>

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Oh Ya I also plan to put a pair of BT020's on for a 6000 mile trip this summer. My bike came with 020's and I got about 7 out of them, 10 would be pushing it.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts