Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not usually the type to post this kind of stuff since I'm usually just BSing and making snide remarks, but I could use some advice on this one. In highschool I dated this girl for about 2 years. Right before going to college I kinda freaked out and broke up with her. I guess I wanted to experience college free and unteathered. We still hungout for about 6 months and she kept trying to get back with me. One night I got sick of her and set her up with this guy I was aquainted with at a party. She ended up in a serious relationship with him. So throughout college I have met my fair share of girls. But none of them held my interest. They just don't compare. Now after she 2.5 years, she broke up with her boyfriend. I still talk to her 2-3 times a week on IM. I need some good ideas for hanging out with her. She only lives across campus and will be in town all of winter break. What would be a good way to hang out with her? To quote Seinfeld, "I'll be there for her. Then, later, I'll just be there." Thanks. I'm sure I'll get some jabs, but hopefully some of the knowledgable ladies will be able to help.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Just MHO, but revisiting the well is a bad idea.

You made your decision before leaving for college and you should stick with it.

Scott :smile:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hoopty said:
Pee in her butt. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

:lol2:

So that is your secret huh? A true ladies man.

Homeless ~ I kinda agree with Scott on this one, but it is your call in the end. Man, if she wants to enjoy your company, she probably won't care what you do together. Just keep it simple and don't try to impress her with petty crap. Here, how about this....movies = bad because you can't talk. Drinking = good because you don't care what you say. There, perfect....and then pee in her butt. :waytogo:

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
my opinion for what its worth. you were both young and going off to college, going your seperate ways could of been the best thing for you. you were able to experience things in college life that you would not have been able to if you were in a serious relationship. plus if its meant to be and it does it will probably work out better, it gave you both a chance to grow and learn new things through experience.

now as far as how to hang out with her. you siad you still talk to her a few times a week on IM, or something. just mention something about going out for a drink or out to dinner to catch up on things and see what she says. then u can see if there is still something there. i mean who knows you miss this girl now but after you hang out you may have found you both have changed in ways that you may still not have those feelings for her.

just my advice. im much better at giving advice on relationships than using it for mine. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif :grin:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
im much better at giving advice on relationships than using it for mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Thats what I find to. i'm the first one people ask for advice on romantic stuff to do for they g/f or b/f. Then I'm retarded in my own life.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
pee in her butt... :lol:

Anyway, I'd give it a shot. I friend of mine met a girl he dated in highschool about 7 years later at a wedding. They had broken up for basically the same reasons. Now they are happily married.

Tell her you need some help Christmas shopping one afternoon for a female relative (sister, mother, cousin, ....). Play it cool and just talk and hang out. You will have to buy something for said relative whether you need it or not to keep the ruse going. Try buying her an ice cream or something and see how it goes. If it goes well try dinner and a movie.

Whatever you do, don't end up in the "oh baby, I need you, there's none like you" crap. :lol:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, don't end up in the "oh baby, I need you, there's none like you" crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. That was my only plan so far. :bird:
j/k
I think if it weren't for women, the entire ice cream industry would go the way of the Dodo.

For some reason something she said to me has stuck with me. "I think I just met you too early."

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, don't end up in the "oh baby, I need you, there's none like you" crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. That was my only plan so far. :bird:
j/k
I think if it weren't for women, the entire ice cream industry would go the way of the Dodo.

For some reason something she said to me has stuck with me. "I think I just met you too early."

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she just waiting for your voice to deepen and for hair to grow in those special places. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Well -

Firstly, and most obviously, what do you like to do and what common ground do you have as far as what she likes to do?

I personally would NOT want to go Xmas shopping with some guy.
Movies stink.

Do you have snow? How about sleigh riding, ice skating, take her to the zoo - they are usually still open in winter.

I mean, what are your intentions? Is this like a date? Or are you just wanting to hook up & shag her? In the case of the latter, just go with food & drinks.

If you are trying to take her out respectfully because you think you see potential for something more than just a shag, don't be overly complicated. Be yourself and show her who you are in your every day scope of life. What i mean, is - if you aren't the sort of guy to take her out on a horse and buggy ride around Central Park normally, then don't fill her up with hopes that you are that sort of guy by doing it when you are courting her. If you like to play pool in your everyday life, go play pool with her and have some beers. Know what i mean? Otherwise its a letdown later on when you become boring. :smirk:

Start with - what do you like to do with your free time and what would be fun having her along with you?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Fuzzy. Its defintitely the first option, not the take-out-to-shag-option. :lol: That was too funny. Its too bad we don't have any snow yet. Stupid climate change. Maybe after Christmas.

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is this means: We've been a couple, went our seperate ways, and because of that, we can't be anything more than friends because it would feel weird to be a couple again.

However... Continue to be friends, don't try to be a sappy romantic, just enjoy doing thigns with her, and I agree about the movies (unless is funny stuff you've both already seen so you can talk while the movies playing) becuase talking is very important to your situation. If there's a possibility of turning this back into coupledom, talk, be there, don't be all gooey etc. That's how I hooked up with the girl I'm with now. Past flame, we'd both gone our very seperate ways & managed to be reconnected through a mutual friend and things took care of themselves from there by the above mentioned method ~

Just my copper ~

JM

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No. Sorry. We're both from Madison and go to school there also. What I was trying to say is that she'll be in town when everyone else goes home.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts