Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on but now I'm back, and I need some help. I recently got a valve adjustment. I'm not sure what all has to be done in order to do the job but they did it. Well, the other day when I took it out for the first time since getting the maintenance done I started hearing a funny noise BUT only when the cooling fan kicked on (at 220*). It sounded like the fan was rubbing against something. After inspecting my bike I noticed that there was a rubber heat guard type thing that obviously wasn't where it should be and the fan was just nicking a little piece of the rubber, causing the noise. When I looked at it through the fairing(s), it was like going "over" the fuel injectors/wires BUT when I tried finding a place to put it back in/hook it up to, I couldn't find anything. It looks like there's 2 "slits" in the rubber, which I assume holds it in place somewhere. However, I still can't figure where this thing goes, so, I just tucked it "up" for now. Being that I just got a valve adjustment, etc...if you know what this rubber heat guard part could be and where's it's supposed to go/how it's supposed to be hooked up, PLEASE, let me know! I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts