Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
DougEFresh said:
My card was charged, but I have not seen a tire yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Immediately call your credit card.

Most card companies have protection programs in place to protect consumers.

Find out what kind of service that your card company provides and see if they are able to help you. They probably won't be able to get the company to deliver a tire to your house, but they may credit the amount back to your card.

Just for reference, I have an MBNA card and this is what their website states about buyer protection:

"Most new items purchased with your Platinum Plus MasterCard are covered against theft or damage for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Coverage is limited to $1,000 per incident and $50,000 per account per year. Notification of all claims must be made within 30 days"

So, call your credit card company immediately to see if they can help.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I was *this far from ordering an Alpinestars suit from them in December for a stunning price (~$400) but after speaking with them and the entire AStars item list suddenly vanishing from the site I had trust issues.

Sounds like they might be problematic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
DougEFresh said:
I ordered a tire from www.discountmotorcycletire.com back in the middle of December. My card was charged, but I have not seen a tire yet. I try to get to their website but it appears to be down. Can anyone help me out with a phone number to their customer service desk? TIA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be of interest to you I found it on another forum.

Got tires on order through DMTA ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope no one has an outstanding order with Discount Motorcycle Tire & Accessories (DMTA). http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

"Dear Customers,

on or about 12/31/04 at night, John Leonard (an ex-business partner at DMTA) entered our facility without permission (we believe with the aid of an inside employee) and took possession of all inventory, computers, phones, etc.. There is a disagreement as to whether this was a criminal or civil action. A police report has been filed with the Arvada, CO police dept. (Case# 05-59). As of this time, the Arvada police have told us they know the location of the merchandise but are not pursuing any criminal actions against the perpetrators. Due to this event, DMTA is unable to ship or receive product, answer phone calls or emails, or process any exchanges, returns, or other business transactions.

This event has cost all of our employees and undoubtedly many customers great pain and suffering and we are doing all that we can at this time to see that justice prevails. Below is a link to the Jefferson County, Colorado District Attorney's office.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/officials/da/

CLICK HERE FOR DAMAGE PICTURES

pictures of the scene will be coming soon including the fireworks, obscene messages left and what appear to be bullet shell casings from the parking lot!

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I went by their shop today and it is still boarded up. There were a couple of people there with a small trailer but no inventory was being moved. From being local here is what i know. Last fall they had a big sale saying they were shutting down the retail showroom and going internet only. That is reasonable but why close out all the inventory?? I have heard that they were having financial difficulties and the police are not going after the person who took the inventory which tells me he had a legal right to take it. My feeling is the 'former business partner' sold the business and when he wasn't paid he reposessed the inventory. I do not have hard evidence of any of this other than the closeout sale but this is what I got putting 2 and 2 together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.