Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those aren't mine I just found the link on another motorcycle site I visit and wondered if anyone here had seen anything like it (I'm googling it now and not finding much).

G

·
Stupid question but why would you want something near chrome /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif If I'm gonna make something shine why not make it all the way chrome. [ QUOTE ]
hey, how do you like the bike? No; that's almost chrome but not quite. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]NO!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
Stupid question but why would you want something near chrome /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif If I'm gonna make something shine why not make it all the way chrome. [ QUOTE ]
hey, how do you like the bike? No; that's almost chrome but not quite. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]NO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Initial cost and up keep. These kind of look like polished aluminum in the pic but polished aluminum is a bear to keep looking nice compared to powdercoat or paint. Chrome on aluminum has it's own issues such as pitting over time. those are the two advantages that occured to me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
WOO HOO!

Something to spend time polishing instead of riding! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :808922-fiddy: :809028-ridin: :kaboom:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey quit picking on me :flame:! Mine project resembles that remark! But you can criticise me all you want, but leave the ride out of it :bird:. Hmmkay :rolling:. I know you just hate the attention others get and you don't, is that it? Ok I'll quit hating...... :postwhore2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If the pic in question is a chrome powdercoat, it will NOT need polishing to keep its look. It will have to be clear coated otherwise it will turn blackish after it is washed a couple of times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.