Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hell yeah, SV all the way buddy. :waytogo:

I would IM you but I don't have IM... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. PM's work though. :grin:

Anyways, I have on 03 SV650 (naked). Got it last fall and have many wild plans of turning it into a race bike. Only time and money (mainly money) will tell.

Right on man! Welcome to the greatest show on earth. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweeeeettt!! How do the 03' SV frames feel? I heard theyre heavier than previous years..

:809028-ridin:

-AlpineStarsGP

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Feels good to me, but that isn't saying much as I have nothing to compare it to (except the silly little 250 from the MSF class) :lol:. The frame definitely looks bulkier but the bike feels pretty light.

It has treated me well so far. Seems pretty stable, but there are suspension goodies in the works right now (always room for improvement). Just gotta save a bit more money to start buying parts. Come on forks and shock! :waytogo:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe...suspension always rules. I need to put a louder pipe on mine. Thinkin' two bros??

/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-AlpineStarsGP

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Check out the M4's as well. They look pretty nice and give similar gains as the yosh systems (or so I read). I was thinking about getting the M4 race mount at some uncertain point in time. Suspension comes first though. :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I have an '03 SV650S with 12k on her, totally stock. I always tell people how much more fun it is to ride around town than a 600 that I had previously. The lightweight, shorter gearing (than race reps, cause the bike will only do 135 so thats pretty much what its gear for instead of 160+) and v-twin torque characteristics. I dont really know how the frame feels per say but I do believe it is lighter and stronger than the previous generations frame (but more importantly to Suzuki, cheaper to make).

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mmmmmmmm torque (droooool). Gotta love the twins. :waytogo:

·
eShoelessTVwatcher
10,430 Posts
Hey Don't forget about me. I have a 03 SV650S with a slip on, Copper. I love her to death. Oh yeah I am the Asain in the middle. I have had mine for about a year now. I love her to death.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have over 31,000 miles on my SV and I race it. I have a buddy who commutes on his SV and it's got over 100,000 miles on the motor.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Hoopty, I don't know how you or Kurt ride your SV day in and day out but I know I've seen a couple good wheelie pix from you on your SV...and I've heard of oil starvation problems on SVs (heard more stories it seems with 1st gens but that just maybe because theres more out there)...do you think that might be why?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ENP83 said:
Hoopty, I don't know how you or Kurt ride your SV day in and day out but I know I've seen a couple good wheelie pix from you on your SV...and I've heard of oil starvation problems on SVs (heard more stories it seems with 1st gens but that just maybe because theres more out there)...do you think that might be why?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the AFM team manager (Zoran Vujasinovic) of Twin Works Factory (SV race team) saw that I didn't fill my bike with oil to the top of the oil window he gave me a stern "wha'da fack? You try to save money by using less oil and you will blow up motor. 2300 mil-liters okay for street riding, but on race track you need motor to get oil when you are leaned over." It's a good idea to use a little more oil than recommended, and be sure to check it's level every once in a while (I change my oil every month - I'm running around close to red line in sixth a lot at WSIR, so the viscosity gets burned up).

And yeah, the front cylinder does not get oil when you do big, long wheelies.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
I have an 01SV650 that is currently being superbiked. I also really enjoy the bike. It's agile, compliant and reliant (for the most part).

It's almost a completely different bike than my 748 so, it's a joy to have 2 contrasting bikes to ride.

Still waiting for Suzuki to get back to me about a possible warranty on the stator rotor Epoxy explosion.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Very possible, ENP. I have done a "few" wheelies in my day. :809028-ridin: LOL The last motor I had blow on me, I didn't wheelie at all though. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kurt- the 2300ml it calls for never "filled" it in the oil window, so I always did add a little more oil than called for. I never had it all the way to the top though, so maybe I need to do this. It couldn't hurt I guess. Thanks, bro! :waytogo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.