Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys

Take a look at my most recent sportbike I bought. It has so much power I can barely hold on. I does wheelies in all four gears with only power. ;) LOL

I had to buy it because that is what I learned to ride on many many moons ago. I Love it. 1968 Honda CL90

<font color=red>Hawk </font color=red>/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>Ok, That was fun!</font color=blue>/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok Ok!!

Here is my whole set right now.

All great bikes.

<font color=blue>Ok, That was fun!</font color=blue>/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
what happened to the VFR????/images/icons/shocked.gif you didn't trade it in on that blue demon.. /images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!" <font color=red>Brok! Brok!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I kind of still have the VFR also but actually my girlfriend has it and is riding it and it is not in the picture.

I did sell the Super Hawk though.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
You had like the most perfect collection, why did you get 2 929's? You had a touring bike, V4 no less, a sport twin and the fastest inline made... I don't get it? You were my hero. /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
yeah, two 929's...??? what da dilly yo...???

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well guys, I am in the middle of changing the collection a little really.

Since these crazy dealers will not let you test ride bikes much the option is to buy one and ride it and if you like it keep it for awhile. So I experiment a little along the way.

I had the Super Hawk for a while to feel the twin thing and it was a great bike but I was ready for a change. I had not been able to ride a new 929 so I bought one. The red one. The Yellow one is really a buy and sell bike. I bought it at a good price so I did. I plan on selling it soon and then take it from there.

What it has done is let me compare the feel of the full Akrapovic system on the Red CBR directly to the stock pipe on the Yellow. I can get off one and get on the other immediately. There is a considerable diffenence in the power deliverly in the two bikes. The way they lay down the power. As expected Red up top and Yellow in the lower rmp's.

There is also a big difference between the GSXR and the CBR's. Need I say more about power. The CBR's really do handle and turn in sharper than the GSXR and on a tight course would do very well. But on a longer sweeping course the GSXR has a big advantage. But any of them will pull second gear wheelies on power alone. No problem.

Now the VFR that my Girlfriend is currently riding is a very cool bike but I am going through a little different phase right now. Doing the inline 4's.

I may need another twin before long. I miss that sound and raw feel sometimes. I did ride a three cyl, Triumph 955, some and it is very cool but some how feel out of place. Not a four and not a two. A strange feel.

So I am bike poor right now but I don't really care. I am having a blast while I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts