Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got ragged on a while back for not posting any pics of my new bike. Well...here it is! Brand new 2001 TLR! It is the last entirely yellow one that was available in Canada before they changed the paint scheme. Will be getting some bolt on mufflers soon, it sounds too good to be quieted up like this.
What a bike!! My last bike was a cb-1 so the power difference is amazing and that is just taking it easy for break-in. I'll have to update once I complete break-in and really have some fun.
Now I just need this stupid snow to go away.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Very, very nice. I always dug the lines on the TLR's. You've got a beautiful bike. Enjoy and be safe. May warm weather come your way soon.

Regards,

JoBu

PS. We are having a cool front here. Highs only in the upper 70's. (Sorry, had to rub it in a little). /images/icons/wink.gif

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
894 Posts
I love the TLR. The all-yellow is the only way to go with that baby, too. Hell, I even like the sound with the stock pipes--I can't imagine how much better the aftermarket "music" will be.

* Exercise, eat your veggies, drive a cage…die anyway. *

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
man...a TL with a full system sounds bananas! scary as hell if you're behind it and they decide to punch it though. but it's bad ass nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
JoJo you will hear the thunder on the Ojai ride my new full Ti system will be in the 9th!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Dang it, well you will hear it some time, its going be an great weekend, yeah /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
670 Posts
SAWEEEET TILLER!! Welcome to the club! Please do not deprive yourself the booming TL V-twin sound like I did for so long. Let her open up and be heard!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me again, has anyone heard a set of leo vince's on a TLR? I really like the look of them (carbon ovals). I am not looking for increased power, just looks and GOOD sound. I do not need any more power for a while.

Let me know.
Thanks guys (and girls)!

mac

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I have heard no to get Carbon pipes for the TL. The v-twins run much hotter at the cans and therefore are prone to burning them out, main reason I went with the Yosh Ti. Anybody else heard this?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i sat on one earlier today at a dealer. you know many women, children and small backyard animals i would scare the fecal matter out of i had one of those? man...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts