Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would say...Wassupp to all my fellow red riders!
To explain...I sold my bike a month ago and was planning on a new R1...NOT...After riding one...that freaking thing is sooo uncomfortable! Then my delemma set in and i had to research my options, Well that said they(honda) made it easy!
954 RR in red (of course) I will be buying the bike cash this week!
That bike was sooo sweet . I am sure i am gonna love it.
Now all i want is some feedback from those of you who already have one...The ups downs and overall!
Any headshakes etc...

If it is anything like my bros (gunther9r) RC51 (which i rode today) i will be thrilled. I must say that all the talk of the RC51's being uncomfortable is without foundation, the bike was awesome in every sense of the word!
Riding position in fact was more comfortable than my old ZX9R <--------sport tourer by comparison. And the completely linear tourque throughout the entire Rpm range was different yet pleasent! to say the least!. As for the handling capabilities... DAMN in a word!. I felt at home on the RC within the first 45 seconds. And within the first minute of twist-n-turn i felt inferior to the bikes capabilities! And the only thing stopping me from getting one myself is the fact that we ride together a lot and would look kinda gaay if we were to have the same bikes again(we had identicle ZX9R's last year). So the obvious choice was the 954RR (looks sweet too in red)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Don't pay any attention......I don't even know this damn guy! LOL Just hope I can keep up with his 954 somehow! "can I help you.....yes we have turbo kits....a what? No sir you can't put a twin turbo setup on your RC sorry" hehe.

I would take my medication if I wasn't so afraid to find out what "normal" feels like.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gun...hurry up and crash it so i can get one without having the same thing as you! /images/icons/crazy.gif
Seriously though ...I fooking loved the ride!..That bike kicks arse!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
9runicycler, fast bike magazine has a very good comparison against the gsxr1000, current issue!. Also everybody I have met so far that has one loves it! Get a steering damper its the most wanted thing for this bike!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Thats what they say..Supposedly the German bike(?) I think..Comes with a damper right from the factory. Anyway, glad you finally realized who makes the REAL bikes /images/icons/smile.gif j/k.

Thats cool, didn't know you guys were bro's!! Uni I don't think its the bike that would make u look gay....

G

·
Registered
424 Posts
I own a 954 and to sum up my opinion in a word;awesome. Plenty of power and handles every bit as good as my F4i.Yes the 954 will headshake.I put a scotts damper on it and the problem is solved. You will be very happy with the 954 if you buy one.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
Welcome to the fold. Good luck with your sales endeavor, I hope it goes smoothly and that you'll be riding again soon.

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
9r~ Congrats and welcome to the <font color=red>Red Riders Club</font color=red>. /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aw thanx guys...I think im gonna get black listed on the kaw forum for this though/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts