Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2002 RC51 last Friday along with a Honda 400EX four wheeler to replace my totalled 996. The RC seems to be very strong right now but a comparison will have to wait until I break the Honda in. Jobu said he was going to tattle on me for buying a Honda so I figured I had better break the news myself. It was a tough decision to pass on a new 998 but I think the streetbike/fourwheeler combo was a good choice for now. I really miss the Ducati but my decision to get a RC rested on the fact that there are no reputable dealers within 200 miles and I couldn't see driving up to Nashville and dropping the bike off for service or repair work and then having to make the same trip the following week to get the bike when the work is complete. Anyway, here is a pic of my "replacement toys". I will still troll the Ducati forum though, just to keep JoBu from calling me a traitor.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Unlike some, I think the RC51 is a great bike. My best friend has one, and he absolutely loves it. If I couldn't have my 996, the RC51 is on a short list of bikes I would get, along with the Mille-R, '95-'98 900SS/SP and 888.

Congrats on the new bike! I miss the 'new bike' smell........hmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hell yeah. Honda's new promotion; "Buy an EX400 and get a free RC51" should do great!

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hee-hee...I decided to withhold from "dropping dime on you" to let you come clean and admit your crime. /images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, congratulations again. I know you'll miss the Duc, but the RC-51 is one sweet bike. You'll have to give us some contrast/compare notes regarding the RC-51 vs. 996. That is if you ever get out of the woods. That ATV looks SWEET!!

Hey, just read your post again. I take it you live in the Northeast corner of Alabama?? My mom lives up in Lynchburg, TN. I've been wanting to get a trailer to haul my Duc up there. Man, they've got some great roads in that part of the country.

Enjoy and be safe,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Soooo......

I guess the burning question is whether or not you will adorn your new scoot with the "1 Liter Duc Eater" decals. LOL /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Nice combo!!

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I was going to get those decals but they wouldn't fit on the tank of the 4 wheeler/images/icons/smile.gif. The ATV has garnered more of my attention since I got it than the RC. That thing wheelies sooooooo easily that I don't think the front tire of the 51 will leave the ground as long as it is in my possession/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hey Jobu, careful about reminding him of those roads in TN...one of em ate his 996. /images/icons/wink.gif

Mad - How you can you sit there, straight-faced, and tell these people that 4 wheeler will wheelie? I can't believe anyone would do such a thing. (Well, unless they can do it and shift through 4th...)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gunner, I finally got Doc to ride the yellow one yesterday and it was fun to watch him wheelie that thing. He tried a tank wheelie and flipped it, damn I laughed my ass off. before the day was over though we were both taking them through 4 gears, except mine was standing up.

·
Registered
640 Posts
HAHAHAHA! I wish I could have seen that! Nothing like a 3rd gear dismount that you can laugh at and keep on riding. I'll be back up there sometime to do some more of em myself.

G

·
Sweet RC-51, ATV, and Truck.... you've got the happening love triangle going...

Congrats! We'll miss you in the Duc forum (at least until you decide to trade the RC in for another 996....) : )

"Viva Ducatisti" /images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts