Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha how many of you out there have one of these? I know I can only carry one handgun at a time. But its cool to have a choice when I do. I should be able to take this one home also. The Glock 19 and this Walther P99 will go in my checked luggage back to the states..... :waytogo:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Nice new toy, I'm jealous.
So how do you get arms over there?
Do various arms companies have trucks that travel around like Snap-on or Mac tools? :lol:
I like the pics of the various arms you run across, I'm just wondering if they can stop off in my neighborhood, or maybe the market demand isn't very good when there isn't mayhem, destruction and mortar attacks (by the way, has that HELRAM system shown up there yet?) in the area.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hey Byron ~ I may be being dumb here, but do you fly on normal passenger flights going to/from home? If so, do you get special dispensations for carrying weapons onboard?

I got pulled at the security check at JFK because I had a roll of quarters in my hand luggage...which did, in all fairness, look like a shotgun cartridge! Oops!! :blush: :rolling:

BTW Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Finally- that's your first good acquisition, eh?
To say the truth, if I ever needed a handgun I'd choose this one.

Is it the restricted version (I think it's sold in the U.S. with a 7 round mag) or the normal (14 rounds or so)?
If you have the normal, are you allowed to have it back in the US, for I read somewhere for "civil" use it's restricted to the smaller mag.. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
436 Posts
I picked my P99 when they were first available in the US. Inquired at the local gun shop after reading about the P99. Owner of the shop said he would have on in three weeks, gave him a deposit and picked it up three weeks later. I really like it light only 37 ounces empty but find its to large to conceal easily.
Purchased a Walther PPK/S last year also nice to carry.
Can you have to many handguns? :smile:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I'm 48 yrs. old....never owned a gun....or a knife :Wow1: I always think if I spent $500 for one I'd want to "play" with it....shine it up....put bullets in....take 'em out....point it at the TV...while I'm having a beer...you know the rest :blush: :lol:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
[censored] im 20 and have 3 knives within an arms reach, saidly nothing that goes boom

yet

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeller ~ I will be searched thoroughly when going back. I always do get the full search because of where I travel to and from. When your passport has Kuwait, Jordan, Cyprus, Iraq and places like that on it. These days you get special scrutiny. Even if I am a U.S. Citizen. I get the full blown search everytime I leave the US. But the big difference with handguns is. As long as they are in your checked baggage. The airlines only want to know about it. If you are up front and tell them the handguns are there, can prove they are yours and are not loaded. You are good to go.

Special ~ These are the 16 round mags that I have in this one. I may or may not have a problem with that I will have to see.

Qman ~ I have been around guns all of my life. I joined the Marines at the age of 17 and have not looked back. I can just see you getting fired up watching a football game and shooting your tv though...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
qqqqqqqman said:
I'm 48 yrs. old....never owned a gun....or a knife :Wow1: I always think if I spent $500 for one I'd want to "play" with it....shine it up....put bullets in....take 'em out....point it at the TV...while I'm having a beer...you know the rest :blush: :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite strange actually. Being from a non-gun culture these things are completely alien to me. The only guns available to the general public are air guns, and as far as I'm concerned those things are capable of enough damage.

I actually held my first real hand gun in 2003 (I think it was a Glock?)...well...the guy whose gun it was laid it on my palm since I was too afraid of it to hold it properly. I'm a big wuss...I know! :blush: ...I really had no idea they were as heavy as they are and as chunky...or that I would react the way I did just to touching it...I should add that the fact that the thing was also loaded had me a little nervous too.

I guess I'm just not used to them.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
:cwm27: Poor Byron! You guys are horrible to him!...Entertaining :wink:.... but horrible! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Poor Byron! You guys are horrible to him!...Entertaining .... but horrible!

[/ QUOTE ] I am going to get them all back someday. Especially Slorch and WFO..... :grin:

Terra ~ Actually I got that one for free........ :grin:Yeah I know, but it comes with the territory..... :wink:

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
Byron-

Where'd you find a turbin that big??

:bird:

[/ QUOTE ]Its not a turban here wise one. People in India wear turbans. I will get you the right name tomorrow for it. I wear one sometimes just to fook off....but the pearly white face does me in...... :grin:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Can you get another one for free? :grin:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Nice. Why only carry one handgun at a time?

I shot both The Walther P99 and an HK USP 40 at The Gun Shop while in Las Vegas. The P99 was light but it seemed to be difficult to be very accurate with it. Seemed to be more ideal for the "spray and pray" method. The USP 40 was a dead on shooter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.