Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, eSporters. I've been on the road almost non-stop lately (more on that later), and I've had a chance to do some thinking about what is really important to me.

Instead of cheesy gifts this year, I made small donations in the name of each family member to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

Some of you may know I've been squirreling away a portion of my travel expense checks in a "New Bike" fund. However, a new bike seems pretty insignificant when compared to the needs of children whose Daddy or Mommy will not be coming home this Christmas, or ever. I've decided to take half of that money and donate it to the Fallen Heroes Fund in the name of the 40,000 plus members here. That's my way of saying thanks to those here who have made me laugh...who have made me think...

That leaves the matter of the other half of my coffee can of $$$. Yes, it was actually in a coffee can on the shelf above my workbench. Thieves never steal nails and screws, do they?!?! :crazy:

Anyway, here's what I propose: If you'd like to add to the donation, I'll match whatever we as a group can collect by Jan 1st. Should it exceed the balance of my coffee can (~$2K), I'll convince my wealthy employer to match the rest. You can add to the pot by Clicking Here.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy (and road-rash free, for you bastids in warmer climes) holiday! :waytogo:

·
eClectic
3,529 Posts
What a wonderful idea :bow: Happy holidays to you and everyone else out there in eSportland :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
You really are a clown, slorch. :bow:

By the way:
Isn't there a limit below which spending isn't useful (because only paypal gets it?)

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
specialsymbol said:
By the way:
Isn't there a limit below which spending isn't useful (because only paypal gets it?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak to international transactions, as I've never dealt with any of those, but the fees on credit cards within the US are just under 4.5%. Within the US, transactions between members that use a bank acount or Paypal balance are free, or at least they used to be.

To those who sent contributions, I thank you. We might not be sending a check the size of Rupert Murdoch's, but we're getting closer!

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage all who read this to click on my sig below.

/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The families of those who are serving make enourmous sacrifices while the rest of us enjoy a carefree life.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charity thread sniping?!?! :808919-icon_police:

Remind me never to bid against you on Ebay, Rick! :lol: :808908-wtf: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts