Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, my buddy is getting rid of his stock 1999 Candy Blue 9R whith only about 3500 plus miles on it. How much do you think he should be asking for? The bike is brand new, never dropped and garaged kept.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well not to be a smart-ass or anything, but I can't resist. 3500 miles and 3 yrs old is not brand new!

But a price, if in the condition as stated, for this bike would be about $6000.00 retail, and about $3500.00 trade-in.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow, that's kinda pessimistic. Kelly Blue Book said the trade in value for a 99 ZX-9R in my ZIP code (in NC) is $5400, and the retail is $7800.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was just an expression smart ass :), but yea the bike is in show room condition. Sorry I couldn't resist all in fun guy. Safe riding.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It's kinda tough to get good money for a 2 or 3 year old bike when new 9r's can be found for 8899, and gixer 1k's for 8999. "Ray Wilt" in Pennsylvania. I've decided to keep my bike after disapointing trade in value has changed my mind.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Brand new 2002 ZX9R's are selling for $8499 at my local dealer, Kawasaki City in Irving Texas. Thats why I gave the prices for resale and trade I did for the 1999 model with 3500 miles on the clock.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
976 Posts
American Motorcyclist April 2002 values this bike at $6600 retail. So private party you can probably sell it for $200-300 less.

The frog will fly at midnight.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
He can give it to me for free. He can write it off his taxes as a donation.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts