Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it's been a little while since I last rode my 600... But i've noticed a few things... at like 50 or so if I let go of my handle bars they shake pretty bad... also the thing RIDES STRANGE!! I mean REALLY strange... turning right feels find, but when i go left if feels like crap... the bike doesn't want to turn or feels like the front end left side dips down and wants to turn sharp... the bike just doesn't feel smooth at ALL! any ideas??? I checked the PSI was at 36 like it should... any ideas? got 8K on it, maybe time for new front?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Hmmm... I was going to say the tire pressure, but it sounds good. Next I would try the wheel balancing... That might explain the vibration but not the dipping in corners. Any time any of my bikes have done that the tire pressure was low.

What's the air temp when you were riding? Are they new tires? Has it been laid down?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 60... i'll check the front... and yes it had a LAME A$$ in a parking lot turning the corner and went to go and tire and pavment didn't agree and bike sliped out... but i've been riding it and it's felt fine besides the vibrate..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Might be time for a new front tire. They get worn more on one side vs. the other even though you might not be able to see it with your own eyes. It's a very common thing.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Are the tires cupped and worn? Are your head bearings okay, rim slightly out of true, tires out of balance? Could be a myriad of things. If you are going along and take your hands off the bars and the front shakes could mean that the front end is slightly damage. Have you dropped it?

Craig #222wsmc

its all in the transitions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts