Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey - as an update on the 'future mods' in my last post....

was just talking to my mechanic and he said he can get hold of a zxr750 H1 crank, he's gonna put it into my '99 7R, that'll take the cc out to 793cc....loads more torque, the stroker mod makes more way torque than HP, but that's a good thing, all low and mid-range....oooh wee!!!

at the same time it's getting a gas-flowed head, machined head too....so the HP should be up around the 140rw mark....

it'll all set me back around 2K stg, steep - but worth it...

she'll be a wheelie monster....#

will keep ye posted and will post dyno charts as i get 'em....

Things To See, People To DO....

·
Registered
299 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

was just talking to my mechanic and he said he can get hold of a zxr750 H1 crank, he's gonna put it into my '99 7R, that'll take the cc out to 793cc...

<hr></blockquote>

The H-model is the '91-'92 crank is it not? I have heard of this being done but shied away due to a lack of information. Please keep us updated on how this has progressed.

Will you have to replace the rods to compensate for the longer stroke? Or is there sufficient squish clearance to use the P-model ('96 - '02) rods? I have many more questions that I'll ask at a later date if you don't mind.

Thanks
-Ronnie

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no problems mate - i'll forward 'em to my mech. and let you know ;-)

p.s. this guy REALLY knows his [censored] - he used to race a 7RR in the BSB's and is currently leading the British Endurance championship....

I called into him the other day - he had a set of WP forks that just came in - the exact same forks Akira Yanagawa used on his 7r in last years WSB - taken straight off Akira's old bike - he showed me the paperwork from Harold Eckl...he also has two of Chris Walkers ex-BSB works 7R engines in his workshop...impressive stuff.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sure this has been posted before but I ran across a website of a guy that did the same thing you are doing. Here is his website http://www.blitzem.com/. He calls his bike a ZX-8R now. The bike and specs are pretty impressive. I love to see guys keep there older bikes (especially ZX-7's) and upgrade them. I wrote the guy to do the same thing, but since I live in the States I couldn't afford to send him my bike. He said that his mechanic likes to do all the work so he can do it correctly. The funny thing is, I think his mechanic is your mechanic. Good luck and keep us updated!

Fear is a darkroom where negatives are developed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah - that's Kevin Reardon with the ZX-8R - I bought his old steering damper off him...lol...small world....

his mechanic is Ray Stringer....a Kawa Genius....mine works with Ray, and has racing connections to him...Dave Wood is his name...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts