Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all my sport bike brothers, and others I need help my o1 gsxr 600 gearshift lever will not return properly, and I wondered If any one had any info on transmission,and gearshift problems on early o1 models? In performance bike magazine one of the editors has a 01 gsxr 1000 that the gear shift just stoped working with out provacation. please help because my 1 year warrenty just expired, any comments on getting Suzuki to warrenty the repairs? I purchased a service manual and the gear shift repair looks a lot more defficult than any thing that I want to attempt to fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
if your warranty just ended they should still be able to help you. the often time want to keep you happy and coming back

=WARNING=
Objects in mirror are SLOWER that they appear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is a shift bolt behind the clutch basket that backs out easily, common knowledge among racers. In fact, this months Road Racing World has a big write-up on it. The cure is to get in there, clean it and the threads real good, and use loctite on it. Good luck getting Suzi to warranty anything...

·
Registered
41 Posts
find out if it is a common fault,,, on those bikes,,,if it is,,,, try ringing a technician asking the question,, get his name date and time you rang supply the details to Suzuki and tell them TO FIX or they'll cop bricks!!!!

'When you see the flashing lights, get on the R1 flight'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts