Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Marines have reopened their investigation in Cpl. Wassef Hassoun, who went missing in June in Fallujah and turned up in Lebanon, CNN reports.

The move was sparked when troops recently discovered several of his personal items, including his passport, military ID and uniform in Fallujah.

Hassoun vanished June 20 and was listed as a deserter. His status was changed to captured after the release of a videotape that showed him blindfolded with a sword suspended over his head. A few days later, a posting to three Islamist Web sites claimed Hassoun had been beheaded.

On July 8, however, Hassoun turned up at the U.S. Embassy in Beirut. How he traveled through Iraq to Lebanon remains a mystery, the Salt Lake Tribune said.

Following a repatriation process and a 30-day compassionate leave in Utah, Hassoun returned to duty at Camp Lejeune, N.C., in September and had his first meeting with military investigators.

He was on leave for much of October, spending the Islamic holy month of Ramadan with his family in West Jordan. He returned to Camp Lejeune Wednesday.

I remember another Muslim GI. He rolled a grenade into a tent full of his fellow servicemen in the beginning of the war. Loyalty to Islam above all else! Gotta love these people.

Maybe, just maybe his fellow Marines...nah. Too perfect.

·
eGunny
13,417 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Following a repatriation process and a 30-day compassionate leave in Utah, Hassoun returned to duty at Camp Lejeune, N.C., in September and had his first meeting with military investigators.

He was on leave for much of October, spending the Islamic holy month of Ramadan with his family in West Jordan. He returned to Camp Lejeune Wednesday.

I remember another Muslim GI. He rolled a grenade into a tent full of his fellow servicemen in the beginning of the war. Loyalty to Islam above all else! Gotta love these people.

Maybe, just maybe his fellow Marines...nah. Too perfect.

[/ QUOTE ] He warrants the same punishment that Eddy Slovik received in WWII. :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I doubt he'd be much of a threat breaking big ones into little ones at Leavenworth for the rest of his life- lesseee.... desertion, something about a relationship to the enemy (hey, his family in jordan musta known somebody to get him released) treason (I'm sure he told his newfound friends a few things along the way) yeah stuff him into the hole for a couple of decades and see if he gets it. buttpirate. And the wierd thing is, all the intel people have to do is a trace of who's who back around twenty years, this way they could select their targets for maximum impact. We really need to consider the interlocking webs of petro islam and radicalism. Pop a few of the people with the most access and the entire network loses it's cohesion. We can start with this guy- He musta known somebody, who new some people to stage his "capture". Look, it ain't easy to cross those borders, muslim or not.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
no doubt. he has to have ties to the crazys on the islam internet site, the be-headers that made the video of him and like you said, who ever staged the "Capture".

I keep saying, its not middle-easterners that are the problem, its islams in general. If faithful to that religion they HAVE to try and kill us. I never understood why anyone would be stupid enough to allow a islam in the US armed forces. Much less and native middle-east islam.

Lack of brains for sure! We should kick our own ass on this one.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Micah said:
no doubt. he has to have ties to the crazys on the islam internet site, the be-headers that made the video of him and like you said, who ever staged the "Capture".

I keep saying, its not middle-easterners that are the problem, its islams in general. If faithful to that religion they HAVE to try and kill us. I never understood why anyone would be stupid enough to allow a islam in the US armed forces. Much less and native middle-east islam.

Lack of brains for sure! We should kick our own ass on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're damn right, Micah. And to think that at some point in our history any of us cheered for Muhammed Ali and Cat Stephens. Heck, enemies in our own backyard I tell ya!

Some of you probably feel the same about Muslims today as did some Americans about Japanese and Blacks a mere half-century ago. Yet look how faithfully and heroically many of them served in our armed forces.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
alanheng said:Some of you probably feel the same about Muslims today as did some Americans about Japanese and Blacks a mere half-century ago. Yet look how faithfully and heroically many of them served in our armed forces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. :waytogo: For every one bad apple, I'm sure there are many more good ones out there. :applause:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Most bigotry looks stupid 30-50 years later...
Can't wait to see how current issues are looked back on and how the leaders are perceived. I watched the history channel specials in the KKK and American Nazis. "Bull" Connor, Montgomery Police Chief, and others who were heroes for many at the time look quite bad from the present day....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[ QUOTE ]
alanheng said:
Some of you probably feel the same about Muslims today as did some Americans about Japanese and Blacks a mere half-century ago. Yet look how faithfully and heroically many of them served in our armed forces.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of bullsh!t! The Japanese-Americans that served in WW2 were first an foremost Americans. They saw themselves as nothing else but Americans. Their loyalty was not to Japan or the Emperor, it was to America. A Muslim's true first loyalty is to Islam, it matters little if he is born an American or not, he is a Muslim first and his loyalties will always lean that way.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Funny, thats what people said about the Japanese and relocated them to internment camps..... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:
A Muslim's true first loyalty is to Islam, it matters little if he is born an American or not, he is a Muslim first and his loyalties will always lean that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm happy OUR president is no religious fanatic. Imagine if we had a reborn Christian fundamentalist in power? :shocked:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[ QUOTE ]
PorradaVFR said:
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:
A Muslim's true first loyalty is to Islam, it matters little if he is born an American or not, he is a Muslim first and his loyalties will always lean that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm happy OUR president is no religious fanatic. Imagine if we had a reborn Christian fundamentalist in power? :shocked:

[/ QUOTE ]

So he follows the teaching of Jesus. Would you find it more conforting if he followed the teachings of Ghandi?

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:
[ QUOTE ]
PorradaVFR said:
[ QUOTE ]
YZF_Flyer said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he follows the teaching of Jesus. Would you find it more conforting if he followed the teachings of Ghandi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Ghandi had actually founded a religion? Sure. My point was that ANY belief is susceptible to explotation by extremists. All religion is essentially the same pitch for morality and societal norms, with variances for cultural structures. A fundamentalist Christian is precisely the same threat to them that a radical Muslim is to you. Don't you see the irony in that? But for your place of birth and choice in religion, you're advocating precisely the same type of belief structure and condemn one while championing the other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts