Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Groul(sp?), drummer from nirvana then singer for foo figters started a metal band called Probot ('04) with guys from Celtic Frost, Motorhead(lemmy!), Soulfly(Max OMG!), DRI, and a few others. [/headband icon]

Just a heads up. The line up looks insane. I have the cd on order now. Anyone have the cd already? How is it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Suprised that max actually decided to team up with these people. He's way to hard for any of them. Having no song on the radio must be gettin to his pockets. I guess every good vocalist sells out sooner or later. Just never thought max would do it. ex. corey from slipknot. That third cd is a joke.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did manage to download a few of their songs. Its really heavy and its pretty cool because depending on who sings the song they sorta lean to that person's original band sound.

I never really thought Max sold out on anything. His brother and some of the other members from the first sepultura did something, I believe it has to do with the death of his son? Anyways, he left and his brother stayed. It must have been pretty bad. Now, with him doing Soulfy, I have to say that I "think" I may like it better. Soufly has move groove, I always liked that. The only thing I think that is cheap or lame about Soulfly is fred *** from limp-crap trying to rap in that one song. BTW, did Sepultura or Soulfly EVER have any songs on the radio in the US? Can't say I ever heard music that heavy on public stations.( I know in South America they are huge)

Well, if you like really heavy music I suggest tracking down and listening to a few of these songs(probot). Yeah, gay name but we're talking about Dave Gruel(sp?). Then again, I may just like anything to do with Max and Lemmy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Micah said:
I did manage to download a few of their songs. Its really heavy and its pretty cool because depending on who sings the song they sorta lean to that person's oringinal band sound.

I never really thought Max sold out on anything. His brother and some of the other members from the first sepultura did something, I believe it has to do with the death of his son? Anyways, he left and his brother stayed. It must have been pretty bad. Now, with him doing Soulfy, I have to say that I "think" I may like it better. Soufly has move groove, I always liked that. The only think I think that is cheap or lame about Soulfly is fred *** from limp-crap trying to rap in that one song. BTW, did Sepultura or Soulfly EVER have any songs on the radio in the US? Can't say I ever heard music that heavy on public stations.( I know in South American they are huge)

Well, if you like really heavy music I suggest tracking down and listening to a few of these songs(probot). Yeah, gay name but we're talking about Dave Gruel(sp?). Then again, I may just like anything to do with Max and Lemmy.

[/ QUOTE ]

David GROHL :wink: is still stuck in the shadow of Foo and Nirvana, and this latest project proves it!!
You want heavy "motoring" tunes, go with Slayer, Pantera, or Ronnie James Dio.
Myself, I'm a traditionalist - my Motocomm-equipped helmet usually blasts Grand Funk Railroad, or Steppenwolf, when I cruise................ :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Micah said:
I was reading about damage plan, the band dime played in during/after(?) pantera. Are they any good? If you can't tell, I'm hunting for new music. :help:

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard, DP was very much "Son of Pantera," in terms of "heaviness."
My acquaintences in the 'biz in Frisco tell me that a new DP album is coming out this year, as a posthumous tribute to Dimebag......... :frown:
(DP does turn up on Google, including a select few "preview"{bootleg} mp3's......)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
DamagePlan is pretty good. As stated, it's not really different, but good.

Check out Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society and Killswitch Engage.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
JsemCesku said:
Thats because it is, in fact, immeasureable

[/ QUOTE ]

Talked me into it, I'm looking them up now. Thanks again for all the ideas. I tend to sorta get stuck in a rut and listen to the same crap over and over. I'm still stuck on the Alice in Chains unpluged stuff that came out years ago. But damn, is it good or what!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts