Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i have a napster account. now i want to transfer my files to my palm pilot, HOWEVER, i have real player on my palm.

and when i download files from napster, it automatically makes it a .wma file.

how do i stop it from automatically changing it from just a regular .mp3 file to .wma?

is there a setting somewhere?

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
:808918-ot: Jabby! What the hell are you doing in Chicago man, besides freezing your @$$ off that is. :808908-wtf:

Anyways...I don't think Napster will download as MP3 and almost certainly not as RA. Probably easier to download a utility to play WMA on your Palm.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ENP83 said:
he probably wants mp3 format so he can fit more songs on the pilot? How much is napster charging per song now anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

WMA encoded at 64kbps is smaller than MP3 and sounds ok. I think they're still $0.99 per song. I use iTunes, so just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
novos said:
you freaking goob.

I lost ALL my music files and then downloaded over 1500 songs for FREE using limewire.

Napster... ROFL! One born every minute! :lol:

And to top it off I should make porrada happy by mentioning I stick my songs on my ipod :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I'm sure the RIAA would love to know about those $1,500 songs. Be a shame...a DAMN shame if someone were to contact them. :wink:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
99cents per song is just too much. I know some people say its great because they only want 2-3 songs off a CD but if you wanted to legally dl the whole cd...you're getting screwed and they're making even more money. You pay $12-18 to legally download the entire cd when thats how much it costs to buy the cd in the stores yet they haven't had to phsyically make a CD, package it, ship it, stock it, ect. They can get back to me when they start charging 49 cents per song... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
It would be funny if RIAA set up some website where you could turn in the names and address of people who did illegally file sharing. Pist off coworkers or friends ect turning on each other turning one another in, maybe they could offer free downloads to people who turn others in :lol:

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ENP83 said:
It would be funny if RIAA set up some website where you could turn in the names and address of people who did illegally file sharing. Pist off coworkers or friends ect turning on each other turning one another in, maybe they could offer free downloads to people who turn others in :lol:

[/ QUOTE ]

:808908-wtf: :808908-wtf: :808908-wtf:

ROFLMAO!

it sounds so f*cked up it could happen. :lol:
Naturally they'd turn around and bust your ass too :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
ENP83 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) and FBI have an email addys to turn in people. Don't see why RIAA wouldn't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts