Sportbike Racing Forum banner

MOTOWHEELS.COM ROCKS HARD!!!

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  erik996 
#1 ·
I received my Kickstand interlock and Arrow E-prom friday afternoon!
I ordered them early thursday morning.
My goodness they run a tight ship!!!!
Kudos to james and the crew at MOTOWHEELS!!!
Thanks!

Let's get busy!!!!!
*takes off Fairings*
Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:::...WORD...:::

See less See more
#2 ·
Great website and a great guy. Once I saw his website, I thought to myself, "No wonder his Monster looks so great"...

"Where does he get those wonderful toys???"

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

#3 ·
Absolutely no complaints whatsoever here!
Although when he promises to post some pics, don't take his word for it!/images/icons/tongue.gif

Sorry James, couldn't help it..../images/icons/wink.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid!

#4 ·
I've always drooled over the stuff on the motowheels site, and after my shift linkage broke a few weeks ago, I ordered a billet reverse shifter. I ordered it on 3/25 and it still isn't here. Two weeks isn't that long, but my card was billed last week. I placed a call today to get a tracking number or something, and we'll see what happens.

Just so you know, I'm not complaining.....yet. /images/icons/wink.gif All that being said, I think motowheels has the best supply of Ducati stuff that I've seen.

#5 ·
Erik,
Email me (motowheelsmonster@hotmail.com)your name and and invoice number and I'll take care of everything. Sorry for the inconviniece.

BTW, for everyone's info, our site isn't down... if you saved a page at Motowheels.com it probably doesn't work anymore since we've gone to the new site!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments... /images/icons/smile.gif

James Nunez
Monster Hooligan
http://www.motowheels.com
Sacto, CA

#8 ·
James, I called earlier today and left a short voice mail. Within a few hours I got an email from Carol explaining the delay. It seems there was a mix-up while switching to the new site and the item was mistakenly marked as shipped. The item is now shipped and I have a tracking number.

$hit happens, and IMO the true test of a business is how it deals with customers after the sale. By all accounts, the staff of Motowheels corrected the mistake, and I'm happy with the quick fix. /images/icons/smile.gif

#10 ·
More kudos to Motowheels!

Ordered my 998 CF exhaust cover yesterday, got it today! I still need to grind the stock screws (tonight at work) to make it fit, so I'll post pics when it's done.

James, very nice man... Now I see what you mean about the bolts. After you described the hose-clamp/panel-nut mod I just assumed the panel-nut would probably be 1/4-20 or something easy to get your hands on. Not these guys, they went outta their way to find the correct metric size (M6) to keep it pure. LOL... Quality in every detail. Thanks again.

#11 ·
Thanks red748bip and Wingman99.
I appreciate it.

Ahh the breasty sig!
One of my first ones i believe.
Yeah, Kman told me the byte size was too big. (like 60K)
And he asked me to bring it down to the 15K level.
When I did that, they looked all weird.
Not really "Breasty". hahaha

Check out my Older page on another community site.
http://central.mixture.com/Fast-FOB/
I've been told it's pretty funny.

<font color=blue>:::...WORD...:::</font color=blue>

#12 ·
Here's the billet lever installed. It's a nice bit, and about $30-$50 less than the competition. I would have preferred one with a slight bend (like a boomerang type shape), so as to not interfere with the fairing, but this one worked out thanks to the adjustable rubber shifter arm.

#14 ·
erik900ss

Just got back from a ride and cleaned my bike a bit.
I discovered a small nick in the fairing under my gear lever. Turns out the lever touches the fairing on upshifts...
Mine was in the exact same position yours is in.
Better check if they touch.. (Spin the wheel when on the stand and shift up)

#16 ·
/images/icons/laugh.gif
Yep since having been a mechanic in a bike race team and having to bed in brakes and scrubbing in tyres I've always reversed my gear-box (the race bikes had that as well). This lever bolts direct to the gear box without any push rods like the standard lever.
You should try it once, I never want it any way else again....

#18 ·
Actually it's less harder then it looks...
Off course you'll miss a few gears in he first week but you'll get used to it soon enough./images/icons/wink.gif
As I said I wouldn't want it anyway else anymore...

#19 ·
pimmie,
I adjusted it the best I could, and tried it out a few times. I didn't ride on the street, but I had it up on the stand and went through a few gears. I also did it by hand, and the lever doesn't touch the fairing. We'll see what happens on a ride though!

#20 ·
I've had to adjust it one notch up, now it doesn't touch the fairing but id do have to lift my front foot up too much to my liking...

There's a rubber patch between the fairing and were it touches the engine (below the front sprocket and behind the stand), if I put a thicker piece of rubber there it might push the fairing out enough so I can put the lever in the original position...
Why did you choose the reverse shift pattern?

#21 ·
I too had to move it one notch up! The most comfortable position for the lever was too far down, so I moved it up and it works. It's not the *best* position, but it works good enough.

I tried out the race pattern last Laguna, and I just like it better. Upshifting is easier and it feels more natural to me. I'm not a racer by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more comfortable for me. Just one of those things I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.