Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw it over thanksgiving weekend. Thought it was a great movie. That old Norton was a clunker :809028-ridin: Thought the cinematography was incredible :Wow1: I would love to travel like that some time. Kinda reminded me of the trip that Ewan Macregor just did.
Did not know much about Che Guevara before the movie. So after I had to guy buy a book to do some research. I had always thought he fought against Castro in Cuba. Boy was I wrong. He was Castro right hand man :blush: Che was a pretty hard core Communist. I would like to see a movie or Documentary about his fighting days.
This movie pretty much covers the ages 23-26 (roughly). It tells about his travels through South America with a buddy. He works in Lepersy hospitals /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and variuos odd jobs to make money to finance his travels. He meets a lot of poor people and the stories he is told by them has a huge affect on his poltical beliefs.
Anyways just thought it was a great movie :wink:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I saw the movie over the weekend and was VERY impressed by it. It's one of the best movies I've seen all year.

I was really surprised how much his 'on a whim' trip ended up shaping his life so drastically.

And their first crash into the ditch absolutely cracked me up (because it reminded me of..... me :frown: )

·
aprilia junkie
16,379 Posts
it WAS a little bit long near the end but still incredible.
the difference in social class was what started to change him... then meeting castro in the late 50's in mexico... i would love to take a GS and ride as close as i can to machu pichu and hoof it the rest of the way (that's a bimmer GS, not the zook)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Boy or you guys buying into the legend of this guy. He was nothing more than a glory hound. He died in Bolivia trying to start a movement that no even one peasant joined. He was nothing but a young rich liberal that could always fall back on his families money if his "causes" did not work out.
Much like the current failed candidate od the Dummicratic Party.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
jomcgui said:
How about the other vaguely motorcycle movie recently released called "Brown Bunny". Now that Vincent Gallo certainly is a bit strange and the ending :shocked: Do you think it was real?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen Brown Bunny but if the ending is, what I think it is, it's real. There was a big deal about it when the movie was doing the festival route. All I heard about the movie was that scene and how bad it sucked. :smirk:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I saw it, and I think it's a really good movie.

But I expected something like that above to happen, so I didn't post about it.
Plus I thought it might be not available in the States.

·
eMotoMech
10,641 Posts
I just watched it on "on-demand" cable and thought it was pretty good :waytogo: I wish it wasn't in subtitles, but I guess I'm used to reading subtitles from kung-fu flicks.

The end of the movie says he was assasinated with the help of the CIA. Is this true, or is YZF_Flyer right? I always wondered who he was when the band Rage Against the Machine wore T-shirts with is face on it.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Digging up old posts, are we, RPR?!? :tongue:

I actually picked up the DVD when I was on travel last winter. Tiny, nothing going on town in the midst of a blizzard, but the hotel had a DVD player. :waytogo:

Based on the riding in the movie, I think Ninjaslayer must have been their motorcycle trainer! :lol:

As to the movie, it seemed to be more of an excuse to film a series of scenes in amazing surroundings, than an attempt to tell a story. Beautiful scenery. I'd love to make an epic trip like that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ya I have both on DVD, Brown bunny is a snore festival and then there is oral at the end. MC Diary is a college girl traveling abroad wet panties look at Che.

P.S. - Communists are assholes, it didnt work few HUNDRED MILLION people died and they still wont stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts