Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the yzf 600r is the most ignored bike out there.anyone out there go one?or is the r6 the only bike being sold.
the 600r is a great bike for the street.
anyone got any aroestich gear?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think you are that professional chef from the YZF forum right? Welcome to this board. It is a fun one. I have a 2000 black YZF, my first bike. So I don't really have any other previous bikes to compare to but so far, it seems like a comfy sportbike. It had been talked about before, how this bike has been overlooked.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You already posted this in the "DailyRants" didn't you? Do you feel you need reassurance for buying this bike or something? Just curious!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya YA Okay i am a chef from Vancouver BC.i do not see alot of Canadians out here.I just think the yzf 600 r is a better bike for the street than a r6,to take advatage of the r6 you need a track and for the price i just wonder why everyone is so hooked?is this an ammericain thing?
Nice to talk to you any way

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Spend some good time on an R6 and then you'll know why. I'm not sayin' the 600r isn't a good bike, but the R6 is better for the most part.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The 6R is better for short days in the saddle while canyon carving, or at the track (that's what it's built for.)

But for commuting, sport touring, or other activities that don't involve constant WFO/Full Brake, the 600r is a better platform.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I think I've seen three other threads like this one from this guy named.... yardman600 or something.

I'm thinking that this guy is feeling a bit insecure from not seeing many 600r's around.

Well, that's the main reason why guy's buy bikes like Buell... to be different. You shouldn't be insecure, but proud that you have a bike that's not very common.

And besides, you bought it out of your own impressions. Not because some magazine put in some pretty numbers or some other guys said it's the baddest bike out there.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The YZF600R was Yamaha's best 600 when it came out. Yamaha still offers it, because, it is a great all arounder and nicely priced. I would never feel that is a inadequate motorcyle, but a quick, capable and comfortable bike.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
982 Posts
As a fellow Canadian I will stick(get it..stick...stickman?)Iwill stick up for Yard!He loves his bike so much and can't see why anybody else would want another type!
I know yor pain Yardman,I have a Triumph TT 600 and it is totally ignored and underrated!I can wait to eat some rice in the twisties this summer!(No offense,Guys!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would have to say that the Ninja 500r is the most ignored. It was my first bike, until i traded it in for a ZX-6r. Now i understand why its ignored. ha...actually it was an awesome beginner bike...id recommend it to anyone starting off

·
Registered
536 Posts
People ignore it because its not an R6. Well, it's not. Its a YZF600R and it's a very nice machine. Besides, the best bike is the bike you like the best. When American pilots talked to the great Luftwaffe ace Adolf Galland after WWII about which plane he likes to fly better, the FW190 or the Bf109, he said the 109, even though the FW190 was regarded as the hotter, newer machine (think R6). He said he understood all of the reasons why the FW was one hot airplane, but preffered the intangible handling qualities of the 109, saying "it is not the crate, but the man sitting in it that counts."
I think the same applies to bikes. It is the person in the seat, not the bike, that matters. Incidently, I also own a 2002 YZF600R in black.

I'd rather die on two wheels than live my whole life dead on two legs.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
At the end of a 500 mile day of sport touring and all the variations in roads and weather give me a YZF6 over an R6. The R6 is a fantastic machine but away from the track the YZF has a great balance of performance, ergos, fairing, and all around useability that make it a top notch street bike for riders who are looking for those atributes and not the quickest thing against the stopwatch at a track. A much overlooked bike.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Have any of you even ridden both bikes? Because I have and if you bought a streetbike for the reasons that I did, which is flicking it into corners and insane acceleration then the R6 is for you. If not then buy the 600R/images/icons/tongue.gif
I think the R6 is well worth the extra $1000.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If your focus is pure performance than you bought the right bike in the R6, it is awesome. But just because someones riding isn't focused on the ultimate performance that doesn't indicate that the YZF is a bad bike or that as a rider you are wimping out because you don't need the most highly focused machine. If you want a bike that has more fairing coverage, better ergos, more midrange drive (the YZF outpowers the R6 in the midrange), will string together multiple 500 mile days of spirited twisties, carry a passenger in decent comfort then the YZF is fine choice IMHO. Besides a well ridden YZF will flick into a corner and fire out pretty well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 1995 YZF 600R was my first new bike and loved every day that I owned it. I agree, it is very over looked. I still have fond memories of waking up in the morning to ride.

·
Registered
982 Posts
SEE!!!!I mention TT600 and you guys totally ignore me!Case closed! err.....maybe you were ignoring ME and not my bike....maybe you guys hate me.....maybe you guys laugh at me whenever I post someything...HA HA LOOK AT THE DUMB CANADIAN...LET'S JUST IGNORE HIM!!!!...WELL...WELL???

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have an aerostich suit! Buy one, you will never need another suit (unless you need a new aerostich). So far, it's good for down to 30 degree weather. And waterproof at freeway speeds, too. Great product. 100% recommendation.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
WTF!?! I think this is the 3rd post I've seen about the F'ing YZF600! OK, it's a good bike, we get it, now chill!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts