Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do to my 500r to make it go faster(besides getting a bigger bike) is there anything i can play with besides adding a jet kit?

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Unless you plan to race it, or are restricted to that
size of a bike for some reason, I'd say don't waste your
money.
Take the money you have to spend on extras, and the money
from selling the 500, and buy something bigger.

If you wanna race it, start with exhaust, air filters,
jet kit, heads, cams, etc.
You could dump lots into it.
But is it really worth it?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
A jet kit might pick up a few hp...no one makes a lot of performance parts for the 500's, cause the market isn't big enough. Plus, most parts give you a percentage increase in HP...so if you only have 60-70hp to start with, you're not going to be able to boost the power much without MAJOR upgrades. (i.e., turbos, NOS, etc, which cost more than the bike..)

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, since buying a new bike is out of the question, I'm gonna share a little speed secret with you, guaranteed to make your bike go 125 mph!...

Throw it out of an airplane!!!!! (HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!)
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Yeah, save your money, learn to ride the wheels off of that bike, then buy a bigger bike.
You'll be glad you did.

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
live with it, you can still go plenty fast...it'll just be a dog on the straights...it's alright though you can improve your corner ability and your technique for clutching up wheelies. it's possible if you become really in tune with your machine.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
If I had a penny for every time I've heard this kind of question....

It seems that some people are under the impression that some bikes have a secret way to increase power. But unfortunately, all bike are created using the same principal. There are no secrets in adding more power to your 500. Basically all you can do has been discussed in the replies above. And you also knew ahead of time that the obvious answer would be "buy a bigger bike". Which would have been my suggestion, since now 600 and maybe even 750 weigh as much as your 500 with almost twice the power (potentially). Also, look into getting a used one for $4-$5k. If you dump it, it won't hurt as much.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much do you think i could get for selling a 98 500r with less then 10,000 miles on it with aftermarket fairings

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts