Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First some info about the bike: 2001 748s with 1285 miles for 9k OTD. According to the salesman it was bought new in September by an older fellow and traded-in in Januray for a zx6r. It has cf termignoni slip-on's (don't know about the chip though) Ducati aftermarket rearsets and the 600 mile service was done on time.

Ducs have a two year warranty dont they? Is the warranty transferable on Ducati's or would this one be voided? Anything I should look for? The only thing I could find wrong with it were some scuffs on the top of the tank from a belt buckle or something.

G

·
Seems like a great deal!

Have the VIN checked out. There, you can find out who owned the bike before, what dealer sold it and when, and obtain service history on the bike with the dealer.

Good luck!

"Viva Ducatisti" /images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The warranty question was only fly I could find in the ointment. Next time I post it may just be to introduce a new (at least to me) Ducati to the family!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Good luck... Sounds like a very good deal on a great bike. DUC748 is right...the warranty should transfer with the bike.

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Let me get this right, somebody traded a relatively new 748 in on an ZX6R?

As for the Termi's... ALL 748 come with aluminum termis. Does this one have CF or Ti?

M.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i traded my 00' 6r in for my 748! sometimes i wish i would have kept the 6r though.

Eric
"some people have to piss on an electric fence to find out for themselves"

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a whim I stopped by the Ducati dealership and the guy that sold the bike still works there. (The orignal owner is in his 50's which explains the zx6r, (that already has been traded in for a Mille/images/icons/crazy.gif)) The exhaust was "upgraded" to carbon fiber termis. By noon tomorrow it'll be mine! Man I haven't been this excited about getting something in years.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Congratulations! Make sure the clutch slave cylinder recall has already been performed and order yourself the kickstand interlock kit. Next comes the carbon hugger, PIAA superwhites, performance air filter, front and rear paddock stands... /images/icons/laugh.gif Enjoy the new ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts