Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know, its lame....but I don't have a license, and unless Im miss informed, you don't need a license for a moped. Anyone know anything about em?

yes......I am serious

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Here we don't need one if you got a car or motorcycle license..

G

·
Whaaaaat? You don't have a license? I always thought you had one. In N.O. you need a license to ride a moped. They banned pocket bikes, and they have to have lights and signals to be ridden. Also, you need a license.

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
I think it varies from state to state. In NC, it's based on size of motor whether or not you need a license. Some have to have tags, some don't.

JM

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
An RS50 would work dynomite for commuting in and out of NYC. I'd remove the plastics and be ready to rock with that! I've never seen one in NY on the streets, but plenty of people ride yamaha's and vespa scooters.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mike, I had a license....but the state took it from me :flame:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
In Kansas, I don't believe you need a licence for 49 cc's and under. For sure you don't need a motorcycle license. Back when I was 14, I had a moped. You had to be 14 to ride it on the street in Kansas. It was fun at the time. But, I turned 16 and all of a sudden it wasn't "cool" anymore, so I sold it. But now I could care less about being "cool". I'd like to have one. You can pick them up for ~$350 used, and in pretty good condition. It went ~35mph on flat ground, 20 mph up hill, and 50+ down hill. I few friends of mine had them too. We crashed a lot. I still can't believe nobody was ever seriously hurt the way we rode. :grin:

I say call the license place in your state to see what the laws are.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
In NJ it's a paper test, and they'll issue a licence for 50cc or less as long as you're 13 or older.....

EXCEPT if your regular licence is suspended for any reason. Tickets. DUI. Anything... Since that's the case then you'd be SOL here.

Scott :crazy:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
wingswheels said:
mike, I had a license....but the state took it from me :flame:

[/ QUOTE ]

Parking Tickets? :grin: :grin: :grin:

When do you get it back? Friend of mine, (and might as well at the brother in law to the list) lost thiers for a year. Sucks. :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the dude-I have never had 1 single ticket. I was taking a drunk girl home, had spilled alcohol on me, admitted to having a beer a few hours earlier, they said i was drunk(Im under 21) even thought he cop said AT THE TIME HE TOOK MY LICENSE "I know your not drunk". So I get it back in october.

for now I got my trek(road bike) as my only means of transportation, fortunatly I enjoy riding my bike, even though I did get hit by a car today- another thread :flame: :flame: :flame:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Wings..I believe its tied to teh cc of the bike....anything under 125 or 100cc's

And of course...you know why Mopeds are like fat girls............................

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes bit, i know, fun to ride until your friendsd catch you...ive never rode one actually, its just an option I see.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looked up the code, yep, your screwed! :808919-icon_police:

CA VC§ 12500(b) No person shall drive any motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle upon a highway, unless the person then holds a valid driver's license or endorsement issued under this code for that class, except those persons who are expressly exempted under this code, or those persons specifically authorized to operate motorized bicycles with a valid driver's license of any class, as specified in subdivision (g) of Section 12804.9.

What sucks even more is in CA this is now a misdemeanor. If you get caught driving you get arrested and can do a short stent in the greybar motel. What shocked me about the above code was the "Motorized Bicycle" requiring a CDL.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seriously, california has some of the stupidist fubking laws

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.