Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a used monster. I can pick-up a '94 900 for @ $4k, or get a '99 750 for the same price. Is there that much difference in the two engine sizes? Is a 5 year newer 750 as good as a 900? Can anyone help me out here? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey man i am not sure of the difference between the two, i have a 99 M900. I would not trade it for anything. What i love about it is the massive amounts of torque in any gear at any rpm. it is perfect for back roads, stop lights, and just generally scaring old ladys. hopefull y my wife wont make me sell it to buy her a new car. i met a guy awhile back with a 750 he liked it alot. i am sure there would be some difference between the two, but as far as cost sifference goes i dont know if newer is better or if bigger is better.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What's the mileage on each of those bikes? The amount of wear and tear each has endured factors into how much they're worth. If both are running properly, the 900 is going to have quite a bit more torque. For solo rides on twisty country roads, the 750 would be more than adequate, but if you're going to be doing group rides or two up, it might feel short on power. All the '99 models got an improved charging system, so the 750 should be a little more reliable as far as the electricals go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts