Scott :smile:

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Good midday!

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
A Chilly WNC Mornin' to ya'll. Cold, got snow (just a bit) Saturday, probably gonna get a little more this week, down in the teens tonight!

JM

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Just found out I get to drive the longest bus route on the county this afternoon. All the way into Tennessee the back up a crooked gravel road through the mountains ~

JM

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
This is way to quiet in here. I'm back from Indianapolis safely. The racing show was alright. I think I got some pretty good sponsors. The only problem was that most of the stuff there was for stockcar, circle track crap. I have never seen so many ******** gathered in 1 place at 1 time. And I have some experience on the subject (being from WI and all). I'll post some pics when I get them.

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Yes it is very quiet. Here's how to catch a polar bear:

1. Cut a hole in the ice
2. Put few peas around the edge of the hole
3. When it comes to take a pea, kick it in the ice hole

JM

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Kick em' in the ice hole huh? Pretty funny JM. :lol:

JM ~ So, when you take the bus on that gravel road, are ya gonna get it sideways? /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
[Whispering] It's happened on two previous occassions...]

*glances around checking of transportation director*

It's an '04 Freightliner, so yea, loose grave & it'll scot a little!

JM

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sounds like it could be a fun time. Will there be kids on the bus, or are you just moving it from A to B?

You ever watch the Pikes Peak Hill CLimb. Those guys are nuts...especially the ones in the big rigs. Good fun, good fun for all. :waytogo:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Yea, it's a loaded bus, but the main part (30 miles of interstate - Tennessee/NC gorge @ 45mph + 7 miles of one-lane gravel) is for three students. There's two tunnels on the interestate, trucks are supposed to stay in the right lane, so they use the tunnels for passing zones which is some serious white-knuckle driving because the trucks crowd the middle line so they don't whack their tralier on the arched top.

JM

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Yes, it's dead in here today /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Next week I would expect it with Christmas coming but not this week.

Journeyman, I've been wondering how you combine driving a bus with teaching? Unless you dont have first and last period classes it sounds like it would be a crazy rush to unload the kids, park the bus and get into class on time

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.