·
Registered
11,190 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:
Good Morning, Everyone!

Hope its warm where you are :smile:

[/ QUOTE ]

Good morning. And unfortunately, it's not warm at all & is expected to get much colder as the week progresses. :frown:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I must admit I was beginning to wonder if all you Mods :bow: were on strike today!

' Morning Rach...John...and everybody else :smile:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya Delly - :smile:
You know, I had to check my calendar to see if it was really Monday. I couldn't believe no chat thread was up yet! How are you today?

Its snowing here. And, it's a federal holiday, but of course my company doesn't give us the day off :tongue: cheap bastards

Mike & John -
How much snow has to accumulate for your companies to close in Canada? Do you ever get snowdays?

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
To be on strike would have to mean we get paid for our job :808908-wtf:

:lol:

Well, I tried to get the last header bolt off the GS so I could re-paint the exhaust, and after much cajolling, I stripped the bolt. :bawling:

Now I gotta decide whether or not I'm going to leave it, or actually try to devise a way to get the bolt out of the tight spot. :frown:

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Micah said:
morning :crazy:

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh.
There goes the neighbourhood :blush:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:
Hiya Delly - :smile:
You know, I had to check my calendar to see if it was really Monday. I couldn't believe no chat thread was up yet! How are you today?

Its snowing here. And, it's a federal holiday, but of course my company doesn't give us the day off :tongue: cheap bastards

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ok...I think...back to work blues is horrible :bawling:, but I do have eSB to keep me entertained :laugh:! Only thing is, my boss has just shown up so I now have to at least look like I'm working..BOOO! HISSSSSS!

Snow huh? I wish I was there.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
GSRider said:
To be on strike would have to mean we get paid for our job :808908-wtf:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm! Good point!

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:
Mike & John -
How much snow has to accumulate for your companies to close in Canada? Do you ever get snowdays?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...

A few weeks ago, we had a major snowstorm come through, and about 6 inches of snow came down. We were told to send people home that lived out of town, but we had to keep the shop open. Last week, we had quite a bit of ice on the roads, and it didn't matter a wit.

I think we need enough snow/ice to stop a transport truck in it's tracks for us to close the shop. But it depends in what sector you work in. My wife depends on school tours, and if the schools are closed, so is her museum.

:smile:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
Mornin' Everyone! These mountains I call home got just enough snow to catch the state DOT off guard (READ: Weather reports said no snow = Snoozin' DOT) so all the sideroads had about a half-inch of snow over a nice bed of ice. Nothing tragic, just caught a more than a few drivers off guard.

Good weekend has passed, looking forward to the coming one ~

JM

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
::::cough:::cough::::: I just called in sick. F* it. I can't work.

My office never closes. Ever. We are a 24-7 telecom company that services many large scale firms and hospitals and such. We can never shut our doors. Ever. I also work from home, so i can never 'not make it in'. Damn. But, i can be *sick* like today. :smile:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. At this point, I get 4 weeks vacation.
1 week sick and like 4 personal days.
I'm starting my 10th year here at this company.
The time sure does fly. Sort of. :tongue:

I started here as a temp and didn't even know how to type. I was scared to answer the phone in the office. Now.. I am in this highpowered, lofty position. I am the American Dream. [/sarcasm] :smirk:

If you could change careers tomorrow, with the snap of a finger, what would you do for a living? I want to own a coffee shop. I am tucking my loot away hoping to realize my dream before I turn 40. (ugh.. not THAT far off :tongue:)

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Must be nice to get sick days :crazy:

Snap my fingers? Hmmm...a nice office job where I don't get my hands dirty, don't have to deal with customers, make good pay for what I do, and be respected for the work I accomplish in the course of a day.

I know, I know...stop laughing! :lol: :808908-wtf:

·
eARRROOOOOGA
17,313 Posts
[Question Hijack]
[ QUOTE ]
If you could change careers tomorrow, with the snap of a finger, what would you do for a living?1

[/ QUOTE ]

Photographer for National Geographic Photography is my hobby & I love to travel.

[/Question Hijack]

JM

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:

If you could change careers tomorrow, with the snap of a finger, what would you do for a living? I want to own a coffee shop. I am tucking my loot away hoping to realize my dream before I turn 40. (ugh.. not THAT far off :tongue:)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had it with alleged "high powered" desk jobs. /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif All that means is that they pay you a "slightly higher than average wage" to take more shite and due to the "slightly higher than average wage" they don't have to show you any further appreciation for the job you do. :rolling:

Bitter and twisted? Who? :blush:... Me? :smirk:

:wink:

I suppose if I had a chance to live my life all over again I'd like to be a CSI...or a criminalist of some description...but then I'd have to miraculously shake off my squeamishness or at least learn to live with it.

In the absence of a time machine to zap me back to a suitable date where I can actually have a go at that, I guess I would settle for being a writer of some description. Journalism certainly appeals because of the excitement aspect; but then what could be better than sitting back in a lawn chair somewhere warm & sunny with your lap top beside you and earning $hit loads of cash just for using your imagination and having the ability to paint a picture with words....? Aaah...the life of a successful fiction author must be bliss *sigh*

...or, of course, I could revert to my childhood dream of owning my own shop ... and my own horse....and having a figure like Sindy (UK version of Barbie)....and a yellow (UK version of pink) jeep with all the decals peeling off or in the wrong place...and...

Oops! :blush: Did I nod off again?

:crazy: :cwm27:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
the_journeyman said:
[Question Hijack]
[ QUOTE ]
If you could change careers tomorrow, with the snap of a finger, what would you do for a living?1

[/ QUOTE ]

Photographer for National Geographic Photography is my hobby & I love to travel.

[/Question Hijack]

JM

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Lets see some of your work! I haven't seen any pics of your bike show up in the Bikes of eSB thread yet JM...(hint, hint!) :smile:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.